Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford F-150 (EPAS)

This thread and my personal experience with my own F-150 make me an even happier tundra owner.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 07-01-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Kicking myself for getting rid of the BADASS FORD. I like my GMC
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Active fuel management has put a lot of groceries on my table.

Ford 5.4 3 valve engines have as well
    Apparently I am in the minority with my 5.4 3vs. Previous truck I beat to death was a 2004 with 180,000 mile ,never once had anything beyond routine work done. Now I have a 2005 that again has never seen the shop for anything outside routine maintenance. I plan to drive it another 2-4 years as a new truck with all those new electronics and luxary items just seem as more things to break. i love those mid 2000s 5.4L as I have had amazing luck with them during the 14 years driving them.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 07-02-2019 at 07:10 AM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Does Ford put the EPAS in all of their trucks or just the F-150?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Active fuel management has put a lot of groceries on my table.

Ford 5.4 3 valve engines have as well

I do think electric power steering is stupid.
    We know one brand that would make you one skinny fellow......

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    Have anyone had issues with their Ford F-150 electronic power assisted steering (EPAS)? If so, what was the symptoms?
    I have a 2011 and roughly 5-6 years ago, while driving down the interstate, the power steering all of a sudden went manual and continued until I got to work (about 5 minutes later). I shut it off, restarted it, and it worked fine. Hasn't acted up since.