Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what Suppressor are you running?

Default what Suppressor are you running?

I believe I am going to purchase my first one. I will get one to use on my rifles and my largest caliber is 300 SAUM.

What brands are you using and whats your actual experience?

I have a Silencerco Omega. It's rated for 300WM and 300RUM. Not sure about SAUM. If I bought another suppressor, I'd buy another Omega. It runs about $900 plus whatever attachment you choose, ~$75 for muzzle brake or flash suppressor or ~$125 for direct thread. I prefer the flash suppressor. Brakes are really loud if you ever shoot without the can. If the suppressors were more affordable, I'd have a couple rifles with direct threaded cans that would never be removed. As it is, I swap it on 5.56 up to .308.

Thunder Beast Ultra 7
    Silencerco Harvester or Omega
    I’ve shot others but those are my favorites. All will handle 300 WM. I’d buy whichever I could get the best price on.

I was looking at the Crux Ark 338 in case I step up to that caliber. It’s also titanium.

Are y’all a titanium?

I run an omega
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 06-30-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Crux is probably the most accurate suppressor when it comes to POI change between removing and reinstalling.

Thunderbeast is second.

QD cans aren’t as repeatable as direct thread. I have a PSD Megalith and Rugged Razor. Neither hardly ever come off the rifle, but the PSD is the most repeatable of the two with a .1 shift right when re attached.

Muzzle brakes on all my match rifles.

If shooting semi rifle.

OSS and forget it. Nothing can even come close to them that is currently on the market.

As far as the bolt guns go, stick is correct on the direct thread. But as far as the direct/verses QD can goes most of you could never see the difference.

I like to pair the can to the gun and I have several different ones I try and then I know which way the gun is gonna go. I have been very fortunate and have been able to play with a whole lot over the years, hence the screen name!

The newer one piece cans from OSS aren't bad for bolt guns, but the older 3 piece ones do have a ever so slight first round pop, in the larger bore .338, after that they are fine!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    If shooting semi rifle.

OSS and forget it. Nothing can even come close to them that is currently on the market.

As far as the bolt guns go, stick is correct on the direct thread. But as far as the direct/verses QD can goes most of you could never see the difference.

I like to pair the can to the gun and I have several different ones I try and then I know which way the gun is gonna go. I have been very fortunate and have been able to play with a whole lot over the years, hence the screen name!

The newer one piece cans from OSS aren't bad for bolt guns, but the older 3 piece ones do have a ever so slight first round pop, in the larger bore .338, after that they are fine!
    I’m surprised at your response. I had a certificate for an OSS suppressor I picked up at a match. I couldn’t give it away. Everyone I asked said it was an overly complicated POS. This was a couple years ago and maybe they’ve changed? It finally expired.

I had to check out their website. The OSS specs don't look as good as the Omega with respect to weight and sound attenuation. They do look complicated and like they have more places for crud and residue to cling.

I’m not poo pooing his suppressor. I’m try to decide if I screwed up by listening to bad advice and letting a good suppressor get away.

I have a bunch of Dead Air and use the hell out of them in a multitude of calibers from semi auto to precision to pistol. Their QD system is rock solid and as about as repeatable as it gets (6 lug locking on a taper that is free of carbon). I have attached the QD ones ( S, L and Nomad with Key Mo) and made first round hits on targets at 800 and 1000 a number of times. They now hold the contract for navel special warfare as well as several other high profile teams. Endurance testing, repeat ability were high on the list for crane. They have stellite baffles (fancy cobalt. same as what M2 50 cal full auto barrels are lined with) and are warrantied for a 7" full auto 300 WM. Nemo made one and tested it. Worst you can do it burn the finish off. I have shot thousands of rounds through my S in particular with zero issues, or need to clean can or brakes. Never had an issue removing from brake either when hot. I've seen a bunch of manufacturers and there are great products out there. I have yet to see another manufacturer that has nailed as many different variations as well as Dead Air without issues (IE cans launching down range). Warranty is great too. Had a guy shoot old frangible out of my wolf without me knowing ahead of time. Ended up with baffle strikes. Dead Air made it right. As of last year they surpassed silencerco as having the majority of the market share of silencers sold domestically.
    Last edited by saltedbutter; 07-01-2019 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    I have a bunch of Dead Air and use the hell out of them in a multitude of calibers from semi auto to precision to pistol. Their QD system is rock solid and as about as repeatable as it gets (6 lug locking on a taper that is free of carbon). I have attached the QD ones ( S, L and Nomad with Key Mo) and made first round hits on targets at 800 and 1000 a number of times. They now hold the contract for navel special warfare as well as several other high profile teams. Endurance testing, repeat ability were high on the list for crane. They have stellite baffles (fancy cobalt. same as what M2 50 cal full auto barrels are lined with) and are warrantied for a 7" full auto 300 WM. Nemo made one and tested it. Worst you can do it burn the finish off. I have shot thousands of rounds through my S in particular with zero issues, or need to clean can or brakes. Never had an issue removing from brake either when hot. I've seen a bunch of manufacturers and there are great products out there. I have yet to see another manufacturer that has nailed as many different variations as well as Dead Air without issues (IE cans launching down range). Warranty is great too. Had a guy shoot old frangible out of my wolf without me knowing ahead of time. Ended up with baffle strikes. Dead Air made it right. As of last year they surpassed silencerco as having the majority of the market share of silencers sold domestically).
    Hot dang it thats good info. TY sir.

Saltedbutter's advice isn't anecdotal or hearsay. He gets to test shit first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Saltedbutter's advice isn't anecdotal or hearsay. He gets to test shit first hand.
    thats what Ive seen and trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    I have a bunch of Dead Air and use the hell out of them in a multitude of calibers from semi auto to precision to pistol. Their QD system is rock solid and as about as repeatable as it gets (6 lug locking on a taper that is free of carbon). I have attached the QD ones ( S, L and Nomad with Key Mo) and made first round hits on targets at 800 and 1000 a number of times. They now hold the contract for navel special warfare as well as several other high profile teams. Endurance testing, repeat ability were high on the list for crane. They have stellite baffles (fancy cobalt. same as what M2 50 cal full auto barrels are lined with) and are warrantied for a 7" full auto 300 WM. Nemo made one and tested it. Worst you can do it burn the finish off. I have shot thousands of rounds through my S in particular with zero issues, or need to clean can or brakes. Never had an issue removing from brake either when hot. I've seen a bunch of manufacturers and there are great products out there. I have yet to see another manufacturer that has nailed as many different variations as well as Dead Air without issues (IE cans launching down range). Warranty is great too. Had a guy shoot old frangible out of my wolf without me knowing ahead of time. Ended up with baffle strikes. Dead Air made it right. As of last year they surpassed silencerco as having the majority of the market share of silencers sold domestically.
    If im gonna shoot a 300 SAUM out of it would the the Sandman TI be my choice?

They don’t make suppressors that work with a 300 SAUM. Matter of fact, they don’t make anything for that f’ing gun. Throw it in your pool and move on!!!!!!
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    They don’t make suppressors that work with a 300 SAUM. Matter of fact, they don’t make anything for that f’ing gun. Throw it in your pool and move on!!!!!!
    Mind your business Mississippi

Thanks guys. I’m not certain about 300 saum. I’d contact Dead Air on that directly. Or any other manufacturer you go with. I’d say theoretically (without knowing a single thing about that caliber) that if it was a the same diameter as 300WM it should work. I wouldn’t be worried about super high velocity harming their silencers. Ex the new wolfman (9MM) was tested on a full auto 556. I have every dead air rifle can except Ti because I don’t like direct thread. Only reason I have Nomad is it can be used in QD or direct thread. My go to is the S because it’s great on long Guns and SBR’s. My favorite for precision guns is the L or nomad for internal volume and therefore sound suppression. L is heaviest, and Nomad is same volume as L with length of S so it’s a good all around can as well IMO.

Just get one of each by the time they get out of ATF jail it’ll be like christmas. Check out tarheel state firearms and if you need an attorney for a trust let me know.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-01-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?