Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yute shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Reeltight,

You can get a spare stock for that Beretta from Coles Gun.
    Thanks.

I’m still looking but need to buy something in time for some good practice before opening day of dove season.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I agree with the one shot reload part. My mindset was auto loader, one shell till we got the hang of it. 2 shells then three.
    I just picked up a 391 lite from our northern neighbors just to try and it’s too big. And I’m not cutting down something something like that.
    Understood....I think of it more like first learning to drive a clutch instead of an automatic. It will help alleviate some felt recoil if you have a gas auto. I would look at an 1100 or 390/391....plenty of synthetic stock options that are inexpensive, super easy to cut down, and readily available.

If the Canadian wants to sell that Beretta and you arent interested, tell him to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Understood....I think of it more like first learning to drive a clutch instead of an automatic. It will help alleviate some felt recoil if you have a gas auto. I would look at an 1100 or 390/391....plenty of synthetic stock options that are inexpensive, super easy to cut down, and readily available.

If the Canadian wants to sell that Beretta and you arent interested, tell him to let me know.
    I’m buying his safe and everything in it when they move to FL. couple nice long guns including this 391 and a lot of pistols.

You will be recruited to help move the safe

Still looking for something for LR to shoot now though. He doesn’t want to let go of any of the guns until they move.
    Last edited by reeltight; 06-30-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Screw a new gun. Picked up an older Remington 1100 20 ga for my 8yo daughter a couple months back but I don't like it. But not the LT or LW model. It's basically a 20ga bolt, barrel, etc dropped into 12 ga frame. My fault for not doing my homework. I feel the forearm is too fat for her little hands and it's too heavy for her to balance well, at her current size. But she'll grow into it at some point. I'm gonna keep the gun anyway as my safe is absent of a 20ga. I'll shoot it myself.

Owning an older Remington 11-48 16ga made me realize those guns have a much slimmer forearm and lighter frame and point incredibly well, to boot. The 16ga and 20ga, and possibly even the 28ga, were built on the same frame. So I'm shopping for a 11-48/Sportsman 48 in 20ga for her now.

Funny how Remington and Browning A-5s used a concept for an autoloading shotgun 60 years ago, that Benelli implements in their modern inertia guns and calls them high tech.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-02-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    I really like the Franchi 20 compact.
    I found a pretty decent deal on a Franchi 720 youth while in AL last week. It was cut down a little more. LOP is 12" and fits my son pretty good. He can shoot it this year and I have another butt pad I can put on and get to 12.5". After that we'll pass this one down the line to son #2 and find another one.
    Last edited by reeltight; 08-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.

I found a pretty decent deal on a Franchi 720 youth while in AL last week. It was cut down a little more. LOP is 12" and fits my son pretty good. He can shoot it this year and I have another butt pad I can put on and get to 12.5". After that we'll pass this one down the line to son #2 and find another one.
    Those are good little shotguns. That's the first one that I bought for my son. He killed piles of doves with it.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Just be aware that it's initeria driven and won't cycle some light loads

My m1 20ga has never hiccupped. My sbe only does it every now and then with those cheap walmart shells
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Just get it all over with.

Buy the kid a 12ga Benelli and a case of shells. You, him, and your wallet will be thankful in the long run.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Just be aware that it's initeria driven and won't cycle some light loads
    I know it can be a problem for some guns. The load adjustment on this gun is super easy.