Thread: Steiner optics vs vortex.

Default Steiner optics vs vortex.

If you could per se get 66% off any Steiner optics or 33% off vortex, and you were looking for a very good rifle scope 1k-1.5k range. Which would you go with? I’m not that well versed in optics brands. I know vortex but I know nothing about Steiner.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-29-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Steiner is great glass. I don’t own any bc of their price point but I wouldn’t hesitate to own one. And I own Swavorski, Leopold, Burris XTR2s, as well as Khales.

Biggie- is Steiner better than the German glass that you own?
    Carolina Counsel

There’s a few guys I shoot with that have the new Steiners and they are pretty amazing. As I don’t own one I haven’t put a lot of time behind one but the few shots I’ve taken with them they were crystal clear and to me and my eye which is opinion based it was clearer than my Khales and Swavorski. I didn’t shoot out to 1 mile with my friends rifle but I did glass with it out that far and it was unbelievable. ThaDick on here has one or two I can’t remember. He may chime in. I’m sure others shoot them as well.

Specifically looking at the H4Xi 4-16x56 if anyone has one or has looked through them.

Vortex Razor series is very good. Apples to apples I think they layman would have a difficult telling a significant difference in either. Money being no issue I’d prefer Steiner because of it being around for a longer time with a good reputation. I’d say see which one has the specs that you want more. Ie turrets, illumination, parallax adjustment. I’m a sucker for a deal, but if you were not getting a discount I would look at Meopta as well.

Vortex lifetime warranty always gets me.

I would love to have a meopta but can’t justify it with the discount.

I always hear people say how great vortex customer service is. That tells me one thing, They’ve sent a bunch of stuff back. I’ve never looked through Steiner scope but have a pair of their binoculars. They are great. I wouldn’t hesitate to try one of their scopes.

I don't think that per se means what you think it means...

As for Steiner, someone left a pair of their binocs with me for a year or two. They were more than adequate...

For Steiner, save the money and buy the Burris version of the model you are looking for.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    For Steiner, save the money and buy the Burris version of the model you are looking for.
    I would have to pay more for the Burris

I would take the Steiners, the pair I had were great. Unfortunately they went down the road when she sold or gave away a lot of my stuff in the divorce.

I don’t think anything beats a vortex razor ii
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.