Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW methods ???

If I feel the need, .357 Model 60 or Kahr PM 45 in front pocket or coat pocket.

Again, carrying isnt about how much you love the gun. 90% of the time its about convenience. Basically just like boats, there isn't one perfect gun. You need a bunch of them!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I carry a gun I don't really like much. I usually carry little Keltec .380. The reason I carry it is because it has an integral clip that allows me to wear it in my waistband in the small of my back with no holster. It rides low enough that my tucked tee shirt covers the gun, although the clip (not mag) still shows. So does the clip on my knife though. The gun is so light and small that I forget I have it on me. I've gotten off the couch after a nap and realized I still had it on.

Keltecs in general suck but I have buffed and polished this one to make it reasonably reliable. I keep meaning to try to find a similar add-on clip for a LCP but just haven't gotten around to it. I have a Shield that occasionally gets a ride but it needs a holster, is harder to conceal and not nearly as comfortable.

I carry a sig 365 in a sticky holster. The sticky holster is amazing, in my opinion

I got a Shield 40 to carry IWB and it was like having a brick tucked into my pants. Just bought a Glock 42 in 380 to pocket carry but haven’t decided on a holster yet. Thinking either sticky or Desantis nemesis. I never really carry in public, only a few times a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I bought one of those little LC9s years back with a laser on it, for the wife. I took it down to our range, and shot it a few times. I know I hear nerdy people tell me it's a carry gun and go about the nerdy process, but screw that trigger. She didn't feel comfortable with it, basically because she's teeny and could barely rack it.. So I got her a revolver.. But I think I passed it on to it's like 4th owner. I'm not sure if I'd rather throw rocks, ninja stars, or fists, or pull that trigger if I had someone coming at me. I'd end up shooting someone in the dick trying to make a headshot.

IMO one of the most important things is a good quality gun belt. A quality gun belt makes a HUGE difference.

If I'm carrying my SHIELD I use one of these. I like it a lot.
    https://kusiakleather.com/

If I carry my LCP in my pocket I use one of these. I took off the string.
    https://technaclip.com/products/lcp-trigger-guard

Most of my other guns I use a STICKY.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 06-29-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I bought one of those little LC9s years back with a laser on it, for the wife. I took it down to our range, and shot it a few times. I know I hear nerdy people tell me it's a carry gun and go about the nerdy process, but screw that trigger. She didn't feel comfortable with it, basically because she's teeny and could barely rack it.. So I got her a revolver.. But I think I passed it on to it's like 4th owner. I'm not sure if I'd rather throw rocks, ninja stars, or fists, or pull that trigger if I had someone coming at me. I'd end up shooting someone in the dick trying to make a headshot.
    What was wrong with the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    What was wrong with the trigger?
    Nothing, he’s just being prissy as usual.

Long pull, it sucks

Long pull, it sucks
    Try the LC9s Pro

Long pull, it sucks
    It’s supposed to. That’s so you don’t shoot your dick off getting that microturd out of your pocket, holster, etc.

Boooo, I'd rather have my old nappy Glock

But it was bought for my wife, I'm not toting around a youth gun

Long pull, it sucks
    You must have bought the LC9 not the LC9s or LC9s Pro. The LC9 was horrible because it was a hammer fire just like the LCP. The LC9s and s Pro are striker fired and have a triggered that can almost be compared to a rifle trigger. Most "people in the gun world" even think that it's too light.

The "s" at the end of LC9 in my first sentence was added to designate plurality.

Now the water is clear.

Bought a SA XDS 45 but also looked very hard at Sig P365 in 9mm. Really liked that Sig. May go back and get one of those as well

Just love a 45

I carry a .300 Blackout A/R pistol with 30 rounds of black tipped Barnes in the truck.
    I carry a S&W snub .38 or either a Sig .380 IWB daily and forget I have it on most days.
    Carry daily or you are gambling, I think the secret is the right gun, the right holster and the right location
    on you. I have one really really bad location I have to go to once and awhile and I carry my full size Kimber 1911 .45
    when I have to get out of the truck there.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-09-2019 at 09:50 PM.

you people scare me sometimes....

well, not ralph, but the lot of ya'.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The best piece of advice I ever received about concealed carry was to either carry the damn thing everywhere except the shower, or leave it in the safe.