Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW methods ???

Default CCW methods ???

Going through CWP class tomorrow and this whole thing is new to me, the concealed carry .

Just curious, and really not sure how often I will actually have gun on me , what is best way to carry a weapon

I see these IWB holsters but do not look comfortable to me. Naturally fall through early spring not an issue but summer time not uncommon for me to be in dress shorts even in my office lot of days (normally either khakis/golf shirt or dress shorts golf shirt ) .

Heck I do not even like carrying a wallet, leave that in the car all the time

Also will be looking for a small CC weapon as well for just the purpose

I carry everyday no matter what im wearing. M&P shield in either a sticky holster, fox iwb with J clips or 1441 IWb with ravan claw. Im 5’10 235 and carry from 2-4 oclock position pretty easy with very little printing. My day to day is a sticky because i can use it with just about anything im wearing for work and slide it back in my pants when i walk out of the plant in 10 seconds.

I was in the bank today, and a large person of color came in making a scene, there were only 3 people in the bank when he walked in, me, a new young white teller and the older black lady head teller. The head teller was very upset by what was going on until I told the guy it was time for him to leave. I'm glad he took the hint. As soon as he walked out the head teller asked me " you have you gun on you right? I said always. 9mm shield in my front pocket with my hand on it the entire time. The new teller was very surprised( she was doing my transactions).

The back story is that you have to change the way you dress to be able to carry, I bought next waist size up in my long pants to carry IWB, and I wear loose cargo shorts during warm weather. I can carry the 9 without showing either way.

Only you can decide what and how, just like everything worth doing- it takes extra effort. Many holsters are languishing in closets because they didn't work for concealed carry. Buy a sticky holster, the next size up pants and a real belt- it will be a good start.

Many people end up carrying something like a Ruger LCP due to size and weight, others dedicate themselves to carrying a real pistol and CC a mid sized Glock or even a full sized and carry extra mags all the time. The skinnier you are- the easier it is.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 06-28-2019 at 07:07 PM.

I second the going up a pants size and a real carry belt.

Second on the the sticky holster. If you wear long britches on the reg an ankle holster ain’t to invasive.

Just curious what difference the color of the idiot and tellers made?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Just curious what difference the color of the idiot and tellers made?
    I did that just for you, I figured within 5 posts someone would comment on that or on the fact that I carried into a bank. Your welcome.

I got an ankle biter for my sticky a few christmas ago. Keep it in my center console for ability to carry on my ankle if the need arises.

Carrying things in your front pockets makes you look sloppy.

So do untucked shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    So do untucked shirts.
    Amen

Uncle George’s wallet holster and beretta Pico 380. I can even tell feel it back there anymore

I’ve been carrying a Kahr PM9 for about 6 years now. Have a LCP, Glock 43, and a Smith Revolver. But I prefer the Kahr.

Does your bank have the official and legal no concealed weapons signs? If not you were legal

LCP in the front pocket. Make it easy and comfortable. If not, you wint carry.

The LCP is impressive. I have a bunch of rounds through mine. Done some bullet testing . I trust mine.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    I’ve been carrying a Kahr PM9 for about 6 years now. Have a LCP, Glock 43, and a Smith Revolver. But I prefer the Kahr.
    I carry a Kahr PM9 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear khakis and a tucked in shirt everyday at work and appendix carry a Glock 48. You wouldn't know I have a gun unless you know what that little black clip beside my belt buckle is for. Outside of work I either carry a Glock 19 or the 48, my 43 and j frame are rarely carried. But I'm 5'11" 150 lbs so I can appendix carry a full size gun and spare mag in shorts and a t-shirt. I've never had to change the way I dress to carry a gun and I carry one everywhere that their isn't medal detectors no matter the legality. Invest in a quality belt and be willing to try several holsters and carry methods until you find what works for you.

Glock 43 currently, doubt I’ll switch from it. I have carried 1911s, shields, Kahrs, and revolvers,.
    LCR .357 carried the best but I didn’t like the low round count and slow reloading should the need arise.

I went the ankle route with the kahr for a while but went back to waistband, and I carried a 22mag in my boot for quite some time as well.

Like others said, try some different guns and some different holsters and figure out what works best for your preferred style of dress. I’m on the security team at our church and we carry every Sunday. I can comfortably tuck in a shirt around my holster and easily hide the gun. The clip on the holster is slightly visible behind my belt but typically only other people who carry a gun will notice things like that
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Lcp in front or back pocket or sig p365 in a desantis on my ankle.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 06-28-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Thanks, lot of good info here.

Not a fan of the LCP but few LEO’s that are clients of mine carry them for backup/off duty