Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver Eats and such

now that you can buy pot legally while watching widespread, I cant imagine you having a bad time. food would be secondary....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The quote “Never miss a Sunday Show”
    stems from this weekend.
    A lot of SC people were here for this weekend. About 100 of us. Most went Friday and Saturday and caught flights back Sunday morning, missing the best show of the run. Pat Donovan (owner of Bravefriend) constantly used the phrase loudly as Panic doubled down and played one of the best sets they have ever done. He came home after that and started printing it on T-shirts.

It was a great weekend, and the last time I saw them play anywhere out west.

Here’s the set list for the “never miss a Sunday show”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Red Rocks is awesome. Saw Snoop Dog and Ice Cube their in April. Juevos Rancheros at Sams 3 is good for breakfast. Get ready for stairs at Red Rocks. Get an experienced shuttle driver who knows how to get you close to the handicap drop off.

we'll be at red rocks in a few weeks too.....staying in highland; simply pure and native roots is an easy walk from our place.....find the 100mg chocolate bars for ~$20 and start with 4/10 bites....plenty of apps that send daily deals for all the shops

el taco de mexico is a quick, at the counter, lunch spot....buckhorn will be one of the first places we try this trip

other than the shuttle to and from the concert, we'll be on foot or whatever transit makes sense for getting from one side of town to the other....besides the show, we take these trips without much of a plan

Broker downtown for a good prime rib, the Fort for a buffalo steak, it's been 35 years since I was there but all the Mex and Tex Mex was great.

The Museum of Natural History was great and the zoo was pretty good. Coors brewery in Golden, all the hole in the wall places have probably changed since I was there for 2 years in school.
    Last edited by rrconductor; 06-27-2019 at 07:34 AM.

For some reason these threads always remind me of that gag of name dropping shit stains that have ruined Mt Pleasant. Positively unbearable.

Doug, I am having a hard time picturing you anywhere close to Boulder! Enjoy it, I was there last year.

Going to RR in September......Literally be there 2.5 days.

Where to stay?
    What shuttle?

Just the wife and I so there s that

airbnb if you haven't checked it out...you can get a general location of the place before booking.....get on google and walk the block with street view if you want.....leave the airport on rail and get to downtown...off the rail at union station and we could walk to our airbnb in the highland area......found a nice looking 1 bed place for $76/night; we don't need much but a place to rest our head, screw, and shower....can't beat it!.....now, if you demand all the finer things in life, i wouldn't take any advice from me

We went to Breckenridge in February. That’s the most snow me or the wife have ever seen. We didn’t dabble too long in Denver, but dang that is a huge city. My wife was looking at jobs for a few months after we got back as well.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 06-27-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Where are you staying in Denver? We just got back from 9 days in and around Colorado. Stayed a few nights downtown Denver in the LoDo district, right next to Union Station at Kimpton Hotel Born. There are an ass of places to eat around there.

Three places we hit and all were great:
    Public School 303
    Thirsty Lion
    Margs Taco Bistro
    G we are stayin at the Oxford right down from Union station. Appears to be a lot of stuff right here
    cut\'em

We are headed out there for Cody Jinks at RR in two weeks. Anybody else going?

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    We are headed out there for Cody Jinks at RR in two weeks. Anybody else going?
    I wish I was.

He was born in the summer of his 27th year, coming home to a place he'd never been before...

Denver really aint the Colorado you want to see. It's more Atlanta West. Hippies, potheads, homeless..

Much better places in Colorado to visit. If you go to Denver , leave the airport quick and see some real splendor in other cities. I love Fort Collins. Pueblo is nice too.

The best $10 I ever spent was in Craig, CO on a 20 minute shower after 10 days in Baggs, Wyoming.. The guy at the truck stop said we were a little rank. I didn't disagree..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You caught a good one
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    You caught a good one
    It was great and I feel rough
    cut\'em

good!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Denver really aint the Colorado you want to see. It's more Atlanta West. Hippies, potheads, homeless..

Much better places in Colorado to visit. If you go to Denver , leave the airport quick and see some real splendor in other cities. I love Fort Collins. Pueblo is nice too.

The best $10 I ever spent was in Craig, CO on a 20 minute shower after 10 days in Baggs, Wyoming.. The guy at the truck stop said we were a little rank. I didn't disagree..
    This, first time I went I thought the same. Was expecting more mountains, but looked like a grassy plateau instead.
    Don't have to go far to get the real Colorado experience though.
    Pro Tip: Red Rocks during the day is the yoga pants capital of the world

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    He was born in the summer of his 27th year, coming home to a place he'd never been before...
    yes sir. tack on just a couple more years and that was me.

and i agree andy. denver was merely a stopping point for a few days for us. we still had a damn blast in the city though. caught the rockies and padres and enjoyed a little city life winding down the trip.

i would most certainly want to live north, south or west of denver by a minimum of an hours drive.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!