Thread: God Help Us! Break dancing inches closer to 2024 Paris Olympics debut

Default God Help Us! Break dancing inches closer to 2024 Paris Olympics debut

The Olympics might have a new sport allowing competitors to dance their way to gold.

Break dancing was provisionally approved on Tuesday to become an Olympic sport for the 2024 Summer Games in Paris. Break dancing, termed breaking in Olympic circles, made its debut last October at the Buenos Aires Youth Summer Games. The IOC will make a final decision in December 2020.

ITALY TO HOST 2026 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES

The competitions will have 16 athletes in each of the men’s and women’s medal events.

The event will also likely be attractive to 2028 Los Angeles Olympics organizers and that the program for L.A. should be agreed upon in 2021, according to IOC sports director Kit McConnell.

Paris is also looking to add three other sports to its competition, including skateboarding, sport climbing, and surfing. Those three are set to make their debut in Tokyo next year.

'MIRACLE ON ICE' TEAM MEMBER'S MISSING HOCKEY STICK RETURNED TO MICHIGAN ARENA AFTER NEARLY 40 YEARS

“It's important for us in our concept to put sports out of the stadiums and in the heart of the city,” Paris 2024 president Tony Estanguet said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Ryan Gaydos is an editor for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @Gaydos_.

Damn, I'll strike GOLD!

Don't be hatin' 'cause you can't pop-and-lock, Skinner.

Paging Sportin....
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

It has been a shade over twenty four years since I've preformed in that style.. Senior prom, an old friend brought in card board, there were only two on the floor, and I got jiggy with it. Even though it was a few years before that song released, I still got jiggy.

So are they gonna bring some OG's back to participate? Do kids these days break dance or even know what it is?