Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

I did it this morning by dragging out of bed at 0500 and working out then following that up with 4 eggs, 4 slices of bacon and two servings of sharp cheddar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Ha. He may be a lot of things but "normal" size ain't one. He's a freaking giant. He can't hide in a crowd, #nodat!
    I knew I would hear from you! That's kinda why I put normal in quotes. It was meant as width not length! LOLOLOLOLOL
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm way outta shape and tired of looking and feeling like crap. Problem is, exercise sucks, and food tastes good. For those of you who've successfully dealt with this issue, how'd you do it? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Feel your pain brother. Need to drop back to around 230

Trying but damn it is harder to do the older I get.

Try jiu-jitsu... it was the only thing that saved me. I used to eat like an unsupervised 2nd grader and then after I started jiu jitsu I started changing my diet... it improved everything about my life. Also check out David Goggins and listen to some of his interviews...he’s a pretty motivating dude

Quote Originally Posted by ElCidRocker View Post
    Try jiu-jitsu... it was the only thing that saved me. I used to eat like an unsupervised 2nd grader and then after I started jiu jitsu I started changing my diet... it improved everything about my life. Also check out David Goggins and listen to some of his interviews...he’s a pretty motivating dude
    David Goggins is a bad mofo, no doubt.

I have a good buddy who is big into Jiu-jitsu, and he is definitely the most disciplined person I know when it comes to his health and diet.

Think about what all the sugars and carbs do to you. It should be real easy to give them up.

Healthy food really does taste good. Give it a week and you will realize that sugars and fats are covering the good food up. And water is good.

And watch your portions. Eat slow. You will eat less.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Water is good. Coffee in the morning, lots of water all day, little wine or beer in the evenings here and there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Water is heavy, put on some Randy Travis and cry the weight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Last edited by PharmHunter; 06-29-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    40 pounds is impressive, brother. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? What kinda exercise were you doing, if any?
    No cardio or anything. Just push ups and sit ups and lunges ect. I started in April and lost almost 20 pounds in the first month. I felt like shit for two weeks, but I feel good now. I eventually will start eating some carbs again, but not that many. A few years ago my twin brother and I lost about 30 or 40 pounds. He went on a vegetarian diet and I went on high protein low carb. We lost almost the exact same amount of weight, but 1/2 of hos weight loss was muscle. I did lose a little muscle but only a few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Almost as funny as you chasin' me around the site and throwin' weak jabs.

Glenn, Johbe or whomever:

What are your favorite low-carb snacks?

Jerky

Beef jerky.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Ribeyes

Was 210 in January of this year and now I am back down to 180. Trying to get back down to 175 and seems to be working. Biggest thing is self control. If your going to eat bad don't eat bad every meal limit yourself to maybe a cheat meal once a week. If you want some advice shoot me a PM would be willing to help with any information I can.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Budweiser, pinto beans, and do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Calories are calories. If you consume more than you burn, you get fat. Period. To remain healthy you need balance.
    Not really true. Calories from a soda are not the same as calories from an almond which is just an example. If calories are just calories then just portion control alone while eating the same foods would work as diet control but it does not. While you may take some weight off with eating a little less what you eat has a much larger effect. The types of calories you consume are just as important as how much you consume. Calories are not just calories.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

^he's right but no one will listen

the answer to black bart's question is a fruit or a vegetable.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I love sardines as a snack. I get the Wild Planet ones from Costco when they go on sale. You can get six tins for $6.99 when on sale or $9.99 at regular price. Hard to argue against the health benefits of sardines. The same for canned salmon.

Jerky is great if you make your own. It's hard to find good jerky in the stores that isn't full of a bunch of crap.

I eat dark chocolate almost every day. I love the Taza Wicked Dark (95%) or their Super Dark Chocolate Mexican discs (85%). Those are nice treats if you have a sweet tooth. Again, hard to argue against some of the health benefits of true dark chocolate. Don't get the crap with a bunch of fillers and emulsifiers. Green & Black's 85% is pretty good as well.