Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I just opened up a Reese's Peanut Buttercup
    The large muther with four of em in it
    Eating it while my fatass reads ths
    pondering if it will be the last one I buy for awhile
    carry on
    Yeah, I just polished off a Mc chicken and two mcdoubles, but I got a Diet Coke so that balances it out

Every time you have the urge to smoke, drop $5 in a jar. That way, you'll have cigarette money.

Beer is my undoing...

Got to decide what you "WHY" is. Most of especially as you get some age are not vain enough to pass on krispy kreme donuts. I have had an elk hunt on a bucket list for years and finally decided that I had to get in shape if I was going to enjoy that hunt. Started exercising more and changed my diet and have lost 20-25 lbs so far. Still need another 15 to be where I think I may not die in mountains.. Maybe your Why is health, maybe you want to play with your grand kids. Figure it out and go do it, you will feel much better

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    This is true in the simplest form, but the type of calories going in plays a significant factor in the type of weight you’re losing. As Glenn said, eating whole foods is very important. If one’s sole purpose is to simply lose weight without any consideration for their overall health, then they can eat just about anything and achieve their goal so long as they’re operating at a deficit.

Numbers on a scale are silly in a lot of cases. There are tons of folks who are at an ideal “weight” who are complete wrecks.
    Calories are calories. If you consume more than you burn, you get fat. Period. To remain healthy you need balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Calories are calories. If you consume more than you burn, you get fat. Period. To remain healthy you need balance.
    Maybe our difference is more semantics than anything, but all calories aren't the same. Someone eating 2000 calories a day of processed crap (Snickers and chips) may lose weight but they aren't going to be healthy. And depending on what their diet was before, they may not lose weight. The same person eating a good diet of 2000 calories a day should lose weight and be healthy, especially if they exercise.

Those are hypothetical numbers, as everyone is different.

To remain healthy you need balance.
    I am about to balance this piece of pecan pie with a scoop of ice cream on it while I watch the new episode of Yellowstone
    Does that count?

I lost 38 pounds on the keto diet. I eat a lot and still lost weight.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Any advice on diet when you have to eat food on the road? I'm averaging 2 meals a day at restaurants due to work and not having access to a kitchen. 95% of that is fast food.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I pack a bunch of fruit and vegetables in a small cooler. I eat on that throughout the day when I get hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I give up. It is impossible to lose weight if calories in are greater than calories out. It doesn't matter if they come from protein, fat, or carbohydrate. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    I lost 38 pounds on the keto diet. I eat a lot and still lost weight.
    40 pounds is impressive, brother. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? What kinda exercise were you doing, if any?

I stay very active with work and hobbies. I just need to start an exercise regiment and start eating better. I'm trying to draw an elk tag and I have to get my arse in shape!!

Here's what worked for me...I was always a "normal" sized fella that carried some extra pounds around the waste and loved to eat. Being in sales, I found myself only taking the time to pull thru a drive thru and eat on the road to my next appointment. I never really cared for desserts. Instead of saving room for dessert, I would rather have another piece of chicken. Another habit I got into was eating because it was time to eat. Breakfast, lunch, and supper. It didn't matter if I was hungry or not, it was time to eat so I ate. The final straw was I found out I was diabetic (type 2). This changed my thinking because I was bound and determined that although my habits had a major role in it, I was going to change and not be like my dad and several others in our family. So here's what worked for me.
    No soft drinks or sweet tea!! I drink between 4-5 liters of water every day. If I'm not hungry I don't eat. I do watch what I eat but if I want a cheeseburger I eat one. Eat lots of fresh veggies and grilled food. I'm noticed that I can't eat the amounts that I use to be able to eat. My portions have decreased significantly. In 4 years, I have lost 72 lbs. and my A1C stays around 5.8-6.2.

Like others have said, losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change.......not a diet.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    Exercise is much easier if you can find a group to workout with and help keep you accountable. Crossfit or F3 are both great choices.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I was always a "normal" sized fella
    In what country?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm way outta shape and tired of looking and feeling like crap. Problem is, exercise sucks, and food tastes good. For those of you who've successfully dealt with this issue, how'd you do it? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    How?

I don't like fat on me.

I'm bored. So here's an idea to get you started. It'll get you some serious results in a hurry.

You'll need weights and a barbell for squats.
    Week One
    Day One - Monday. Pick a weight you can do 20 times unbroken. Use 135#. Its just enough weight so that you don't look like a complete pussy.
    Day Two - Thursday. Add 5#. 20 reps unbroken at 140#.
    Week Two
    Day Three - Monday. Add 5#. 20 reps unbroken at 145#.
    Day Four - Thursday. Add 5#. 20 reps unbroken at 150#.
    Continue this for 12 weeks and don't skip a day. It literally takes 10 minutes. You can spare it and the couch won't miss you.
    When you get up in the 200# range, this starts to get difficult. You have to resolve yourself that you won't put it down until you get 20 reps. You can do it. But will you?

Your quads will get big. And strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    In what country?
    Shots fired.

Also, one a related note...I was chatting with a friend the other day (he's a physician), and he says to me the data is in on this. Guys who work out at least 4 days a week, high intensity for 30 minutes, have a vastly improved outcome on every metric.

Say no to processed foods!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Shots fired.
    Ha. He may be a lot of things but "normal" size ain't one. He's a freaking giant. He can't hide in a crowd, #nodat!