Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

A weak mind makes for a fat ass. Self control and discipline. There is no easy button. My wife put up pictures of shirtless
    Chris Hemsworth, The Rock, and Zac Efron on the fridge, our bathroom mirror, and on her nightstand. She said she did it to help motivate me. When I asked why they were on her nightstand she said something about how mine was too crowded and then quickly changed the subject.

It really is this simple...

Start out with no fast food and drink ONLY water. Do that for a month or two and get over the sugar withdrawals. Once you can get the diet under control, you can start to look into the exercise part if you want to. Someone said it earlier, you absolutely cannot exercise out a bad diet.

If you want to jumpstart the weight loss, look into fasting.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    A weak mind makes for a fat ass. Self control and discipline. There is no easy button. My wife put up pictures of shirtless
    Chris Hemsworth, The Rock, and Zac Efron on the fridge, our bathroom mirror, and on her nightstand. She said she did it to help motivate me. When I asked why they were on her nightstand she said something about how mine was too crowded and then quickly changed the subject.
    I'm going to try that with my wife. I am going home tonight and put pictures of Jennifer Anniston, Elizabeth Hurley, and Angie Everhart on the fridge and her nightstand. This should turn out great! Thanks for the intel, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No one is 100% clean. Not even me. But with someone who doesn't have discipline and self control moderation leads to failure. It becomes too easy to create special occasions to self sabotage. Starts out with weekends only. Then a hard day at work. Then it's Woodrow Wilson's birthday so we gotta drink and have cake. Next thing you know you're right back where you started and "That diet didn't work for me" is tossed out there.

Again. If you want to change then change. If not accept where you are and that it's your fault and move on.
    I completely agree most people can't handle moderation. It's one extreme most times. And that goes for most things in life not just diet.

Also DONT get in too big of a hurry to see results. You may drop 5-6 lbs on the scale the first week, but when that slows to .5-1 lb per week dont think you arent doing a good job anymore.

Too many people want a lifetime of weight to be gone in a month and it just dont happen that way
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I just started the change back to the Paleo eating..again.
    At least I'm housebroken.

You fat bastards just need to embrace your thickness. There are plenty of chubby chasers out there...

Exercise is much easier if you can find a group to workout with and help keep you accountable. Crossfit or F3 are both great choices.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Any advice on diet when you have to eat food on the road? I'm averaging 2 meals a day at restaurants due to work and not having access to a kitchen. 95% of that is fast food.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scoutlover; 06-26-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    You fat bastards just need to embrace your thickness. There are plenty of chubby chasers out there...
    I'm fightin' them off with a stick daily over here.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Any advice on diet when you have to eat food on the road? I'm averaging 2 meals a day at restaurants due to work and not having access to a kitchen. 95% of that is fast food.

Cheapest and most reliable is to pack a lunch. When we're traveling we hit up grocery stores. Almost all of 'em have rotisserie chickens and some sort of salad bar. If we do have to eat at a restaurant we take the lesser of the evils and ask the to leave off the stuff we don't eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    I'm fightin' them off with a stick daily over here.
    I can see that. You got charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Cigs are my poison. I’ve put them down for a year, then started back, then for 9 months and started back then stopped for a month and now I’m back on um. Almost to the point of accepting my fate.
    Weak. You must not like living. You get sick enough, you will quit. One way or the other. Put um down and walk away. Take the money you paying and put it in a jar everytime you would have a bought a pack or carton and you will be rich in no time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post

I used to be on the road and away from home 3-4 days a week. I would just pack a lunch/dinner/snacks in a cooler with waters. If you're gone longer than a day and staying in a hotel, hit up the nearest grocery store for some cold cuts and fruits/nuts. There are usually "better" options on any given menu if you're forced into fast food, but I know they aren't particularly appetizing or real good for you. You can always call-in/pre-order something from a fast casual and swing in and pick it up. It's usually quicker than sitting in a drive-through line too.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Da hell? Had a woman tell me I was fat once. I told her I can lose weight but she couldn't do a damn thing about all that ugliness.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 06-26-2019 at 10:23 AM.

People say to me, "oh you're skinny, you can eat whatever you want." While that's true, I still don't eat whatever I want. I have to work at being skinny. I eat lots of meat, but also eat salads and veggies, nuts and berries and smart snacks between meals.

For me it's portions that can be critical. I was told 'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.' Americans traditionally eat WAY too much for supper. If you're working out like a fiend and have to eat constantly, you can get away with it. I eat a good sized breakfast cause I have all day to burn it. When you go to sleep your metabolism slows down and stays there until you feed the machine again. So when you wake up shove some food down your throat to get that metabolism started.

I'm no dietitian but it works for me.
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-26-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

To the OP - You just have to decide what you will be. Will you accept being fat and out of shape? Will you accept being in decent shape with a decent diet? Will you accept being ripped and only eating clean 98% of the time? Just make a choice and stick with it. And for goodness sake don't complain about being out of shape and fat. Either change it or accept what you are (not saying you personally do it just kills me when people do)

Also accept that some people can get away with eating McDonald's and still have a 6 pack. Genetics are real and not everyone can get away with the same things.

The more plants you can get down your throat, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    The more plants you can get down your throat, the better.
    What about tweeds? You know, for my cataracts?