Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you want to change you have to change. Period. You aren't going to be different by continuing to do the same stuff that got you to a point where you want to change.

I talk to so many people who want to lose weight and be fit but don't want to be uncomfortable or give anything up to get there. It's insanity. What you're doing obviously isn't working so do something else.
    Real talk. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    What about tweeds? You know, for my cataracts?
    Just be careful not to overdose.

Real talk. Much appreciated.
    No worries. Most here can take it. It'll make girls and their male equivalents cry and call you a meanie.

If you want specifics on ways of eating etc I'll be glad to help. I've dabbled in all of it and found what works for me and I'm glad to share my experiences and my day to day approach if you are interested.

You can't eat biscuits and gravy and expect to look like Jason Statham. You have to be willing to make some serious lifestyle changes. If you are not prepared to do that, you will not reach any level of success.

And this business about setting a specific goal is total bullshit. You need to commit yourself to changing the way you look at food and you need to put a lot of effort into serious exercise. If you set a goal of lose xx number of pounds, you will go back to whatever you did before you started. The goal should be to maintain a healthy lifestyle permanently. End of discussion. Everyone thinks they can make little adjustments to get healthy. It doesn't work like that.

Get off your ass, spend very little time sitting watching whatever bullshit show on TV. Exercise like a madman. Eat healthy food. It's that simple. Yes it's hard. Yes, you have to plan the food you eat. Yes, you have to turn down going to shit so you can stick to your exercise regimen.

I travel a lot. I also pack a lot of food. I exercise a lot. If I miss it for whatever reason, I make it up on the weekends. There is always time if you don't mind missing a little sleep.

To me the results are worth it. I have maintained my weight at 215 - 225 pound since I left the Marines at 22 years old. I take zero medications and I wake up every Morning feeling ready to take on the world.

You have to make the commitment as a first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    You can't eat biscuits and gravy and expect to look like Jason Statham. You have to be willing to make some serious lifestyle changes. If you are not prepared to do that, you will not reach any level of success.

And this business about setting a specific goal is total bullshit. You need to commit yourself to changing the way you look at food and you need to put a lot of effort into serious exercise. If you set a goal of lose xx number of pounds, you will go back to whatever you did before you started. The goal should be to maintain a healthy lifestyle permanently. End of discussion. Everyone thinks they can make little adjustments to get healthy. It doesn't work like that.

Get off your ass, spend very little time sitting watching whatever bullshit show on TV. Exercise like a madman. Eat healthy food. It's that simple. Yes it's hard. Yes, you have to plan the food you eat. Yes, you have to turn down going to shit so you can stick to your exercise regimen.

I travel a lot. I also pack a lot of food. I exercise a lot. If I miss it for whatever reason, I make it up on the weekends. There is always time if you don't mind missing a little sleep.

To me the results are worth it. I have maintained my weight at 215 - 225 pound since I left the Marines at 22 years old. I take zero medications and I wake up every Morning feeling ready to take on the world.

You have to make the commitment as a first step.
    Tape this, or one of the many post like it in this thread, next to your bed and fridge and read it before you get in both. Not only will you lose weight your manhood score will go up a few points
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-26-2019 at 11:49 AM.

will power.....most cant sustain it

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    will power.....most cant sustain it
    Or spell it...

Too many people are worried about a number they see on the scale. I would suggest you pick a waist size if you're going to focus on a number, especially if you're going to lifting or incorporating any type of resistance training. Lots of people can lose a few inches without ever losing a pound.

The MyFitnessPal app is great for tracking calories and macros. I suggest this because a lot of people really have no idea what they're consuming. The app also ensures you are eating enough. Severe caloric restriction will allow you to drop weight but it's not going to be the weight you need to be losing. Slow and steady is going to be much more beneficial if you're actually committing to a lifestyle change.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, have some bloodwork done before you make any significant changes. Have it checked every 6 months or so once you begin making changes. Get the most extensive bloodwork you can. Bloodwork and waist size are the best indicators, in my opinion.

Glenn has offered to help with food advice. I will do the same. There are a ton of good sites and resources out there. The only thing stopping you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No worries. Most here can take it. It'll make girls and their male equivalents cry and call you a meanie.

If you want specifics on ways of eating etc I'll be glad to help. I've dabbled in all of it and found what works for me and I'm glad to share my experiences and my day to day approach if you are interested.
    I would love to hear more specifics. I'm needing to lose some weight and for me it's going to have to come through diet versus exercise. I don't even know where to start when there are so many different diets out there and many conflict each other. Also most seem like short term deals. I would love to see something sustainable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Losing weight is simple math. Calories in have to be less than calories out. No magic. It requires will power. Most people don't want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Tape this, or one of the many post like it in this thread, next to your bed and fridge and read it before you get in both. Not only will you lose weight your manhood score will go up a few points

He lost me at "Jason Statham".

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Too many people are worried about a number they see on the scale. I would suggest you pick a waist size if you're going to focus on a number, especially if you're going to lifting or incorporating any type of resistance training. Lots of people can lose a few inches without ever losing a pound.

The MyFitnessPal app is great for tracking calories and macros. I suggest this because a lot of people really have no idea what they're consuming. The app also ensures you are eating enough. Severe caloric restriction will allow you to drop weight but it's not going to be the weight you need to be losing. Slow and steady is going to be much more beneficial if you're actually committing to a lifestyle change.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, have some bloodwork done before you make any significant changes. Have it checked every 6 months or so once you begin making changes. Get the most extensive bloodwork you can. Bloodwork and waist size are the best indicators, in my opinion.

Glenn has offered to help with food advice. I will do the same. There are a ton of good sites and resources out there. The only thing stopping you is you.
    Thanks, Jo Jo. Where are you tippin' the scales these days?

He lost me at "Jason Statham".
    IMG_0694.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Losing weight is simple math. Calories in have to be less than calories out. No magic. It requires will power. Most people don't want to do it.
    This is true in the simplest form, but the type of calories going in plays a significant factor in the type of weight you’re losing. As Glenn said, eating whole foods is very important. If one’s sole purpose is to simply lose weight without any consideration for their overall health, then they can eat just about anything and achieve their goal so long as they’re operating at a deficit.

Numbers on a scale are silly in a lot of cases. There are tons of folks who are at an ideal “weight” who are complete wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Weak. You must not like living. You get sick enough, you will quit. One way or the other. Put um down and walk away. Take the money you paying and put it in a jar everytime you would have a bought a pack or carton and you will be rich in no time.
    I’m spending $2400-2600 a year on um. I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and am about to be 32. My weakness is when I get around buddy’s that smoke, they make them look good and healthy. I ask for one and it’s over. I’ve got friends that can hammer a pack on a Saturday and not touch them for weeks. You’re right though I’m weak minded. I know my wife and kids would appreciate me stopping. I just can’t see myself never having another one again when I stop. The first time I stopped for a year I gained 35lbs in 5 months. I need to just figure out a way to forget about them. I wish they were illegal.
    867-5309

I just opened up a Reese's Peanut Buttercup
    The large muther with four of em in it
    Eating it while my fatass reads ths
    pondering if it will be the last one I buy for awhile
    carry on

Relentous plenty of people live past 80 and smoke every day. There is nothing you can do that smoking doesn't make you cooler doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I’m spending $2400-2600 a year on um. I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and am about to be 32. My weakness is when I get around buddy’s that smoke, they make them look good and healthy. I ask for one and it’s over. I’ve got friends that can hammer a pack on a Saturday and not touch them for weeks. You’re right though I’m weak minded. I know my wife and kids would appreciate me stopping. I just can’t see myself never having another one again when I stop. The first time I stopped for a year I gained 35lbs in 5 months. I need to just figure out a way to forget about them. I wish they were illegal.
    Make them illegal. Tell everyone you know that you owe them $50 any time they catch you smoking.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 06-26-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I am telling you. You quit and everytime you feel the urge just drop 5 bucks in a jar. In no time you will have Sportin' Woodies money. Just do it for your kids my Man and save up
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Just start dipping. Smoking is nappy.