Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

Think about what you eat. Be careful with carbs. Don't eat until you are full. Watch your portion size. Eat slower. It is not a race. It is a change of a lifestyle that is not bad.

You have already figured it out. It is going to kill you, or at least speed up the process.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I just eat Primal for lunch everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Not really true. Calories from a soda are not the same as calories from an almond which is just an example. If calories are just calories then just portion control alone while eating the same foods would work as diet control but it does not. While you may take some weight off with eating a little less what you eat has a much larger effect. The types of calories you consume are just as important as how much you consume. Calories are not just calories.
    Please explain how a calorie from a protein is different than a calorie from a fat or a carbohydrate? It isn't. The calorie content is different, but a calorie is a calorie. It's very simple, calories in have to less than calories out. Period. Now, there are a thousand different ways to achieve in<out. Some healthy, some not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Please explain how a calorie from a protein is different than a calorie from a fat or a carbohydrate? It isn't. The calorie content is different, but a calorie is a calorie. It's very simple, calories in have to less than calories out. Period. Now, there are a thousand different ways to achieve in<out. Some healthy, some not.
    You best shut up now. Losing weight has nothing to do with simple maths. It’s science, and mystical potions, and voo-doo.

And don’t let anyone tell you jerky has killed more people than fluoride. It’s a lie.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Get a puppy. Walk it every day or twice a day. Skip the snacks.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    You best shut up now. Losing weight has nothing to do with simple maths. It’s science, and mystical potions, and voo-doo.

And don’t let anyone tell you jerky has killed more people than fluoride. It’s a lie.
    Ha! So true...

Let’s assume you burn 3000 calories a day. You decide to reduce your intake to 2600/day in order to safely lose weight. Do you really believe you’re going to see the same results if those 2600 are coming from Baskin Robbins as opposed to good sources of meats, fish, and veggies?

First off 1 calorie from an item is not the same a 1 calorie from another item. Best way to explain this...... if I intake 100 calories from a soda vs 100 calories from and orange which is better for you????? Just taking in less calories isn’t a cure all be all diet and has been proven false in research article after research article. It is not the same one item is far more nutritious then the other. Even drinking orange juice vs eating an actual orange is different. The type of calories you intake are more important as the amount you intake. 3000 calories from fruit and veggies are not the same as 3000 from donuts and ice cream. Not hard to comprehend.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

You all over think this whole deal. Thryoid, get it checked and start from there. Everybody is not the same think about it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

First off 1 calorie from an item is not the same a 1 calorie from another item. Best way to explain this...... if I intake 100 calories from a soda vs 100 calories from and orange which is better for you????? Just taking in less calories isn’t a cure all be all diet and has been proven false in research article after research article. It is not the same one item is far more nutritious then the other. Even drinking orange juice vs eating an actual orange is different. The type of calories you intake are more important as the amount you intake. 3000 calories from fruit and veggies are not the same as 3000 from donuts and ice cream. Not hard to comprehend.
    Please show me, on a molecular level, how a calorie is different from a calorie.

you are not as right as you think you are....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Please show me, on a molecular level, how a calorie is different from a calorie.
    Different calories (types of food) do different things to the body - ie making them release different types of hormones and/or tell the body to release insulin, store fat, etc.

A calorie isn't "just" a calorie.

FWIW (and I think I responded to this thread near its starting point) - I'm down about 30lbs since late March. How? Keto and OMAD 5:2.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

A good, informative video:

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    A good, informative video:

Looks like the trailer from Deliverance to me.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

On a molecular level sure energy is energy. A calories contains energy the difference is how that type of energy and the way that the body has to process that type of energy. If you want I can break it down into body process and how each type of protein/amino acids, carbohydrates, monounsaturated fats, trans fats, saturated fats and how each different type of food is processed. Such as the difference between drinking a coke or orange juice versus eating banana or an apple and how the body will process the sugar between the two if you would like. See when you drink a coke (yes even a diet coke) the response from the body is to store that sugar via the pancreas vs the sugar from the fruit comes with the necessary items to process this sugar and to use the sugar as energy instead of storage. Now that is a basic, very basic, in which a calorie from a coke is not the same as a calorie from say an apple or an orange. Again yeah you are correct that energy is energy and in a very basic molecular level a calorie from or energy from one item can be the same but the way the body has to process that energy is very different and the way the body uses that energy is very different. Hence why the calorie in vs calorie burned diet has never worked. The way in which the body has to process the different types of food to get that energy or store that type of energy is different.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

good job
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just so I understand.

You don't have to be caloric deficient to lose weight?

You just have to eat the right things. As long as I eat X and Y, but not Z, I will lose weight, even if I'm at a caloric excess?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Just so I understand.

You don't have to be caloric deficient to lose weight?

You just have to eat the right things. As long as I eat X and Y, but not Z, I will lose weight, even if I'm at a caloric excess?
    Yes even eating the same amount of calories just switching the foods to something that is actually healthier you would shed some pounds. Main reason being the way the body has to process the different types of calories and how it has to store different types of calories. Eating 3000 calories in cheeseburgers is not the same as eating 3000 calories in fruit and veggies. The way the body processes work are completely different. Reason I say something that is actually healthier is due to the fact of all the processed foods that claim to be healthier options when in fact they are not. A diet soda is still bad for you. The fake sugar in the diet soda provides the same response below the neck that regular sugar does. No difference in any of the different types of sugar real vs fake as the way the body has to respond.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Primal has duck fat brussels sprouts on the menu today.

Yes even eating the same amount of calories just switching the foods to something that is actually healthier you would shed some pounds. Main reason being the way the body has to process the different types of calories and how it has to store different types of calories. Eating 3000 calories in cheeseburgers is not the same as eating 3000 calories in fruit and veggies. The way the body processes work are completely different. Reason I say something that is actually healthier is due to the fact of all the processed foods that claim to be healthier options when in fact they are not. A diet soda is still bad for you. The fake sugar in the diet soda provides the same response below the neck that regular sugar does. No difference in any of the different types of sugar real vs fake as the way the body has to respond.
    Oh.
    My.
    God.