Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
Too many people are worried about a number they see on the scale. I would suggest you pick a waist size if you're going to focus on a number, especially if you're going to lifting or incorporating any type of resistance training. Lots of people can lose a few inches without ever losing a pound.

The MyFitnessPal app is great for tracking calories and macros. I suggest this because a lot of people really have no idea what they're consuming. The app also ensures you are eating enough. Severe caloric restriction will allow you to drop weight but it's not going to be the weight you need to be losing. Slow and steady is going to be much more beneficial if you're actually committing to a lifestyle change.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, have some bloodwork done before you make any significant changes. Have it checked every 6 months or so once you begin making changes. Get the most extensive bloodwork you can. Bloodwork and waist size are the best indicators, in my opinion.

Glenn has offered to help with food advice. I will do the same. There are a ton of good sites and resources out there. The only thing stopping you is you.
Thanks, Jo Jo. Where are you tippin' the scales these days?