Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

^you go, boy

interesting reading for those that want some more info on why a calorie is not a calorie:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-not-a-calorie
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Does it help that I did floss afterward?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

if you dont get jerky stuck in your teeth, it can only be bc you dont have any teeth....

I’m down almost 20 pounds to 187 in 3 months, I was over 210 this time last year. Kind of had to since I have a mountain hunt coming up but it was way past due.
    I kept it pretty simple, 2 eggs every morning, meat with one side of vegetables for lunch and dinner. Kept cheat day moderate.
    I cut out sweat tea(never thought I could do that), pretty much quit drinking, one a week, cut out 80-90% of carbs.
    Worked out 3-4 days a week, weights a day or two a week after a run but mostly cardio. Running, elliptical and stair climber on max, or several miles with 65 pound pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by HERRINGBONE View Post
    Glenn? What does your daily meals consist of? A one day example if you will please.
    Thanks
    Bone
    This morning I had a 4 egg omelet with 4 oz grilled chicken and one serving (28 g) of sharp cheddar.

500 cal, 53g p, 30g f, 1g c

pre work out will be 1 serving of isopure whey protein with 6 g creatine

25g p

Lunch will be 8 oz roasted turkey breast and 2 cups of broccoli

300 cals, 57g p, 4.6g f, 7.2g c

Supper will be whatever meat and vegetables my wife cooks. I'll weigh and measure it out to make sure I stay under my fat ceiling and hit my protein goal of 200 grams. Top off with vegetables as long as I stay under 30 grams for the day total. 20-25 grams of carbs from vegetables is a lot of food. Most of the time I don't have room for it all. I don't do net vs gross carbs. I'm a nerd but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

^that'll do! (to buckpro)

and to glenn, too
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-19-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    This morning I had a 4 egg omelet with 4 oz grilled chicken and one serving (28 g) of sharp cheddar.

500 cal, 53g p, 30g f, 1g c

pre work out will be 1 serving of isopure whey protein with 6 g creatine

25g p

Lunch will be 8 oz roasted turkey breast and 2 cups of broccoli

300 cals, 57g p, 4.6g f, 7.2g c

Supper will be whatever meat and vegetables my wife cooks. I'll weigh and measure it out to make sure I stay under my fat ceiling and hit my protein goal of 200 grams. Top off with vegetables as long as I stay under 30 grams for the day total. 20-25 grams of carbs from vegetables is a lot of food. Most of the time I don't have room for it all. I don't do net vs gross carbs. I'm a nerd but a line has to be drawn somewhere.
    10-4 Thanks
    Bone....

I see in the menu above (Glenn) the mention of whey Protein and creatine. Are these the only two supplements suggested by the healthies?

Reading online about suggested supplements/vitamins is tough, it's one huge advertisement. What is suggested for men over 45?

I didn't start my own thread because this seems to tie in well with the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    I see in the menu above (Glenn) the mention of whey Protein and creatine. Are these the only two supplements suggested by the healthies?

Reading online about suggested supplements/vitamins is tough, it's one huge advertisement. What is suggested for men over 45?

I didn't start my own thread because this seems to tie in well with the OP.
    That’s all I take. If I’m eating right I should be able to get everything I need from food. Few things will have a wider degree of suggestions and opinions than supplement. Most are pushing MLM products for their own benefit. So as with everything buyer beware. Supplements are expensive. I like the isopure to help with protein goals. Creatine is for some quick energy. To be honest though I’m not sure it makes a difference.

We also use the isopure to make zero carb pancakes and waffles.

I came in here to find out that I actually agree with the angry dentist about something.

I'm gonna go home now.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Thanks Glenn!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^you go, boy

interesting reading for those that want some more info on why a calorie is not a calorie:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-not-a-calorie
    I read and agree that some calories are more "costly" for your body to process. That's not my argument. Please remember that "calories out" include those processes. By the way, I've never heard of a bachelor's degree in medicine.

Glenn, well you just Glenn. Come on Man, you don't fudge just a a bit to have a good time bro. I am all about living but you gotta have something my Man.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Glenn, well you just Glenn. Come on Man, you don't fudge just a a bit to have a good time bro. I am all about living but you gotta have something my Man.
    I’ve got plenty. More than I deserve.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Keto and IF have worked (again) for me. My damn problem is a strong adoration of IPAs.

Liquor has no carbs, so I've gone that route (in moderation, usually weekends only) and I'll admit to some White Claws here and there, to change things up.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Just a tidbit of info as to my own protein supplements. I have found that protein powder "blends" that contain isolated Whey, Egg and meat proteins work better than just Whey. Works better for me and makes more sense.
    Genesis 9;2

You EAT right you don't need all the other stuff. Just my .02
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

usmc drinks white claws

close thread.
    please close thread

When y'all started Keto, did you go full spartan, or did you wean down off carbs?