Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd Y'all Do It?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How'd Y'all Do It?

I'm way outta shape and tired of looking and feeling like crap. Problem is, exercise sucks, and food tastes good. For those of you who've successfully dealt with this issue, how'd you do it? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I’m in your boat. I can make myself go to the gym everyday problem is changing my eating habits and quitting dipping.

Need to have a goal. What is you want to accomplish? 50lb, 75lbs....reward yourself. Once you hit your final milestone take a big trip you’ve been putting off, etc...

And the hard part about eating right and exercising is to just do it. Yeah it sucks but getting your mind right is the hardest part.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I have done it before with success but then backslide and give it all back.
    The one thing that does work for me when I commit to it is not eating anything white
    such as flour, sugar, pasta, starchy potatoes etc...…...when I do that......I drop 10 or 15 lbs fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I have done it before with success but then backslide and give it all back.
    The one thing that does work for me when I commit to it is not eating anything white
    such as flour, sugar, pasta, starchy potatoes etc...…...when I do that......I drop 10 or 15 lbs fairly quick.
    Yep. That's one principle that I know works for sure. Problem is, white rice and sweet tea fall in that category...

You'll have to eat clean. And you'll need to learn to cook & prepare ahead of time. Get some recipes, cause eating the same shit over & over gets old quick. Unless its the "good stuff"...

It’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle. The best thing for me is that I enjoy eating meat. Protein. A steak is like dessert for me. I can eat fatty ribeyes and lean out. If I look at carbs I gain weight.

I like fishing, I like climbing trees, I like hiking in on public land, I like chasing kids...etc. eating and working out enhances those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleeve gastrectomy!!!!!

Cigs are my poison. I’ve put them down for a year, then started back, then for 9 months and started back then stopped for a month and now I’m back on um. Almost to the point of accepting my fate.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Cigs are my poison. I’ve put them down for a year, then started back, then for 9 months and started back then stopped for a month and now I’m back on um. Almost to the point of accepting my fate.
    Weak. You must not like living. You get sick enough, you will quit. One way or the other. Put um down and walk away. Take the money you paying and put it in a jar everytime you would have a bought a pack or carton and you will be rich in no time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Weak. You must not like living. You get sick enough, you will quit. One way or the other. Put um down and walk away. Take the money you paying and put it in a jar everytime you would have a bought a pack or carton and you will be rich in no time.
    I’m spending $2400-2600 a year on um. I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and am about to be 32. My weakness is when I get around buddy’s that smoke, they make them look good and healthy. I ask for one and it’s over. I’ve got friends that can hammer a pack on a Saturday and not touch them for weeks. You’re right though I’m weak minded. I know my wife and kids would appreciate me stopping. I just can’t see myself never having another one again when I stop. The first time I stopped for a year I gained 35lbs in 5 months. I need to just figure out a way to forget about them. I wish they were illegal.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I’m spending $2400-2600 a year on um. I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and am about to be 32. My weakness is when I get around buddy’s that smoke, they make them look good and healthy. I ask for one and it’s over. I’ve got friends that can hammer a pack on a Saturday and not touch them for weeks. You’re right though I’m weak minded. I know my wife and kids would appreciate me stopping. I just can’t see myself never having another one again when I stop. The first time I stopped for a year I gained 35lbs in 5 months. I need to just figure out a way to forget about them. I wish they were illegal.
    Make them illegal. Tell everyone you know that you owe them $50 any time they catch you smoking.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 06-26-2019 at 02:44 PM.

There is no magic pill. Dedication, discipline and ownership is what it takes.

Whole foods. If it won't rot in a week you shouldn't eat it. No sugar. And if you're one of the "I gots tuh have muh sweets teas" then you've already lost.

You cannot, CANNOT, out exercise a bad diet. Period.

I get asked all the time "How do you keep from eating too much or the wrong food?" It's simple. I just don't. I'm the one that controls what I eat, when and how much. I'm responsible and so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Whole foods. If it won't rot in a week you shouldn't eat it. No sugar. And if you're one of the "I gots tuh have muh sweets teas" then you've already lost.

I get asked all the time "How do you keep from eating too much or the wrong food?" It's simple. I just don't. I'm the one that controls what I eat, when and how much. I'm responsible and so are you.
    I really respect people that can completely give up sugar and all things bad. I just can't for the life of me do it my self. I mean I could, but I'm not going to live my life not being able to eat "the good stuff" occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I really respect people that can completely give up sugar and all things bad. I just can't for the life of me do it my self. I mean I could, but I'm not going to live my life not being able to eat "the good stuff" occasionally.
    No one is 100% clean. Not even me. But with someone who doesn't have discipline and self control moderation leads to failure. It becomes too easy to create special occasions to self sabotage. Starts out with weekends only. Then a hard day at work. Then it's Woodrow Wilson's birthday so we gotta drink and have cake. Next thing you know you're right back where you started and "That diet didn't work for me" is tossed out there.

Again. If you want to change then change. If not accept where you are and that it's your fault and move on.

No one is 100% clean. Not even me. But with someone who doesn't have discipline and self control moderation leads to failure. It becomes too easy to create special occasions to self sabotage. Starts out with weekends only. Then a hard day at work. Then it's Woodrow Wilson's birthday so we gotta drink and have cake. Next thing you know you're right back where you started and "That diet didn't work for me" is tossed out there.

Again. If you want to change then change. If not accept where you are and that it's your fault and move on.
    I completely agree most people can't handle moderation. It's one extreme most times. And that goes for most things in life not just diet.

This is HARD! I guess after time it becomes "normal". I commend you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    This is HARD! I guess after time it becomes "normal". I commend you.
    If you want to change you have to change. Period. You aren't going to be different by continuing to do the same stuff that got you to a point where you want to change.

I talk to so many people who want to lose weight and be fit but don't want to be uncomfortable or give anything up to get there. It's insanity. What you're doing obviously isn't working so do something else.

If you want to change you have to change. Period. You aren't going to be different by continuing to do the same stuff that got you to a point where you want to change.

I talk to so many people who want to lose weight and be fit but don't want to be uncomfortable or give anything up to get there. It's insanity. What you're doing obviously isn't working so do something else.
    Real talk. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Real talk. Much appreciated.
    No worries. Most here can take it. It'll make girls and their male equivalents cry and call you a meanie.

If you want specifics on ways of eating etc I'll be glad to help. I've dabbled in all of it and found what works for me and I'm glad to share my experiences and my day to day approach if you are interested.