Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort Lauderdale

I've tossed around the idea of trying to do a S. Florida tour. The fishing seems tempting and Okeechobee has plenty of duck hunting around it. Not sure I could stand the crowds though. That being said I'm in the same situation. This is my last year in South Carolina and will be transferring next summer to somewhere that's currently unknown. Can't wait to get my list of possible duty stations! I've always treated the new places with the attitude of "it's all what you make of them"! Good luck!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I've tossed around the idea of trying to do a S. Florida tour. The fishing seems tempting and Okeechobee has plenty of duck hunting around it. Not sure I could stand the crowds though. That being said I'm in the same situation. This is my last year in South Carolina and will be transferring next summer to somewhere that's currently unknown. Can't wait to get my list of possible duty stations! I've always treated the new places with the attitude of "it's all what you make of them"! Good luck!
    I really don’t mind the moving. Just the unknown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear the Dominican Republic is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I hear the Dominican Republic is nice.
    Hard Rock Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Fort Lauderdale is just a possibility. I’m in the year of unknown. The last year of a tour is just a guessing game. You can shape it but nothing is certain until you have the papers.

That was for the 4th on the way.. but yeah, I'd pick that city over Atlanta or Columbia. For fishing reasons at least, heck I guess I'm not even pond fishing over there anymore.

Hey Ralph
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hey 2th

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I've tossed around the idea of trying to do a S. Florida tour. The fishing seems tempting and Okeechobee has plenty of duck hunting around it. Not sure I could stand the crowds though.
    Crowds? No. NOTHING like public hunting in this trash can. And, there are actually some ducks there.

Also, you won't have to listen to a bunch of dickheads talk about "redfish". You get the awesome trade up to snook. If you've never caught and eaten one, you're in for a treat.

Edit to add - I've got my fingers crossed for you. If you move there, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Fish; 06-27-2019 at 07:57 AM.

22ft Bayboat is plenty unless you wanna run to the Bahamas. Lots of no wake zones in Lauderdale with limited areas to run on plane. Fishing is good if you know where to go. I've got family down there & they own the 15st Marina & Fisheries & the amount of biz they do with gas, fuel, etc is nuts. If you wanna do a charter down there go with Lunkerdog Jeff Maggio for tarpon, jacks, etc. He's awesome to fish with & is a native down there.

I've been down here a couple of years and am ready to be back in the Carolina's as soon as work allows. South Florida is crazy crowded and crazy hot but the fishing is good like these fellas have said and not near as far as up there. Haven't had a chance to get on the ducks yet which may change this year before I head out.

I have been researching the actual job and I am not gonna push for it. I might as well sell my boat from what it sounds like. 6 day weeks and 12 hour days.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I have been researching the actual job and I am not gonna push for it. I might as well sell my boat from what it sounds like. 6 day weeks and 12 hour days.

Dang. Columbia it is then. Prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Dang. Columbia it is then. Prayers sent.
    No, that is the same assignment. Just a different location.

Gotcha. Didn’t realize it was tied together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Gotcha. Didn’t realize it was tied together like that.
    Yea. There will be about 15-18 spots open nationwide.