Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atv / utv spreader

Default Atv / utv spreader

Anyone tried one? Suggestions? I've got a towable spreader that I can use behind the utv but it doesn't do well on unlevel ground.

I'm trying to avoid the 3 pt spreader so that I can have the mule spread seed at the same time the tractor is discing.

Good luck, I'm fairly certain someone will be along shortly to tell you you need a John Deere DB120. I mean, do you even plant, Bro?

FBE6120C-41B6-4A6D-AD4F-04709D76725F.jpeg

Are you talking about something like this?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    FBE6120C-41B6-4A6D-AD4F-04709D76725F.jpeg

Are you talking about something like this?
    Nah man, 48 rows at the time. Damn making 2 passes. You gotta go big or go the fuck home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The moultrie one from bass pro. Mine is going on season 5 currently. Can’t beat them for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good luck, I'm fairly certain someone will be along shortly to tell you you need a John Deere DB120. I mean, do you even plant, Bro?
    My favorites are the ones that say:

"You're overthinking it. Thank me later. Close thread."

A buddy of mine had an electric spreader like pictured above that worked fairly well. It didn't like bumps much though. Pick a very rigid place to mount it.

I've planted plenty of stuff with a shoulder satchel spreader like this one:
    https://earthway.com/product/2750-ny...-spreader.ashx

I got rid of the shoulder satchel in favor of the one you wear on your chest.

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-20-Pound...gateway&sr=8-8

Yeah one like that duck cutter. Could hook to a hitch or the bed of the mule. Somewhere between the moutrie and the one feets posted.

I've got a chest bag that I use for small seed but need something for fertilizer and bigger seed.

You should just buy another tractor and get a 3pt hitch spreader. There, I said it.

That one Feets posted looks like some kind of photoshop joke. I doubt you could use it without GPS piloting. He should have gone ahead and bought the row marker option. If you buy one, it probably comes with a mechanic and a parts man.

Not the one posted, but I’ve had a Moultrie for a while that was given to me and it’s served me well until last year. Motor burned up and I need to see about getting a replacement for it

Look at the Kasco / Herd spreaders. The 12volt models since you don't want a 3 point.

Ive used a King Cutter pull behind before and it worked great also.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Nah man, 48 rows at the time. Damn making 2 passes. You gotta go big or go the fuck home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrong implement peckerhead you need a 1890 air drill with with TBH cart

In all seriousness I have one of those spreaders on my atv and it is easy and seems to be decent quality
    cut\'em

Good deal. Appreciate the feedback (Even from feets)

I fought with the tow behind today and finally just spread it with the bag spreader. I need the exercise anyway. But I'll get an ATV setup before the next time. That way I can turn the kids loose on the mule. The section I planted today was 450 yards long by 10-15 yards. No efficient way to walk that.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Wrong implement peckerhead you need a 1890 air drill with with TBH cart

In all seriousness I have one of those spreaders on my atv and it is easy and seems to be decent quality
    So it's pushing the seed with air through the lines from the central tanks instead of having a box on each one? I'm just used to seeing cheap 12 row drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    You should just buy another tractor and get a 3pt hitch spreader. There, I said it.

That one Feets posted looks like some kind of photoshop joke. I doubt you could use it without GPS piloting. He should have gone ahead and bought the row marker option. If you buy one, it probably comes with a mechanic and a parts man.
    I can make that happen. I’ll even throw in a spreader.
    https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...o-272-For-Sale

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    So it's pushing the seed with air through the lines from the central tanks instead of having a box on each one? I'm just used to seeing cheap 12 row drills.
    Yep they are usually putting on dry fertilizer too. Some other rigs are over 100ft wide and there is an Aussie who built one 240+ ft
    cut\'em

bumping this back up, maybe someone can help me out.

As I mentioned the motor on my spreader went out last year (maybe even the year before) but I pulled it out today to see if I can find an exact replacement motor. I seem to have lost part of the wiring harness as well. I can't remember, do these have just an on/off switch or was there a speed control built into the switch as well?

nothing but a on off switch
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    bumping this back up, maybe someone can help me out.

As I mentioned the motor on my spreader went out last year (maybe even the year before) but I pulled it out today to see if I can find an exact replacement motor. I seem to have lost part of the wiring harness as well. I can't remember, do these have just an on/off switch or was there a speed control built into the switch as well?
    Just an on off switch. Before you trash the motor spray a good amount of lube (I used crc) on the stem coming out of the motor. My moultrie rusted in that stem and wouldn’t spin. A few hours soaked in lube and its been running like a top since. Also I cut off the battery clips and installed ring terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Just an on off switch. Before you trash the motor spray a good amount of lube (I used crc) on the stem coming out of the motor. My moultrie rusted in that stem and wouldn’t spin. A few hours soaked in lube and its been running like a top since. Also I cut off the battery clips and installed ring terminals.
    10-4
    I was already planning to tinker with the old one for a bit before I order a new one.

Any idea what the rpm is on your factory motor? I can get a 3k rpm off eBay for about $15 and looks like it will bolt right up