Thread: Slide in Camper

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Slide in Camper

One of my buddies is leaving town in a couple months and we have been talking about heading to edisto for a weekend for a fishing trip but neither one of us wants to pay for somewhere to stay. I had the idea this weekend that a slide in camper would be a great tool for duck & fish weekend trips (a nice insulated place to sleep without sacrificing my trailer hitch). I don't need running water or propane appliances or anything like that (which everything I've seen on craigslist has) so I thought I'd build one that sleeps 3 specifically for my truck. I sketched some stuff up but I was wondering if anyone has built their own before.

What thickness plywood? 2x2s as framing? Waterproofing? I was thinking of wrapping it in fiberglass but I have never done any fiberglass work before so any help with that would be good too. I've also been wondering what kind of system I can use to jack the camper up off the truck to take it off when I'm not using it.

Once I get started Ill probably start a different post showing how its going.

The dashed lines in the floor plan signify some removal panels that I think could be used to create a small table/sitting area to eat/drink beer/play cards whatever.

EDIT: I'm not Martin Harper, just found this grid paper at the office
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forresj; 06-24-2019 at 09:21 PM.