Thread: Hay Tire Pros Moncks Corner

Default Hay Tire Pros Moncks Corner

Just wanted to share about my experience with Hay Tire of Moncks Corner, partly to vent because I'm displeased (to say the least), partly because I want others to know so they don't befall the same doom.

In march of 2018, I was looking to put a level/lift kit on my 2015 Chevy. Others had recommended Hay Tire, they convinced me they knew what they were doing, and they offered a competitive price, so I had them install my level/lift, do an alignment, and mount and balance my tires.

All was great until later that night, as the wife and I leave the restaraunt at 10pm, and my drivers side ball joint literally just drops out of the control arm. Thank God we werent doing 70mph down the interstate like we had earlier when it fell out.

I got towed back home, and had to wait until Monday to contact them. They were in a panic, obviously, because it could have killed us. I agreed to give them the chance to make it right, which was my second mistake. I should have contacted my insurance company.

The guy that didnt the work refused to admit that he messed up, blaming the joint falling out due to thermal expansion. Could be true, but I doubt it, considering how many times they have messed up through this nightmare, and it evidenced itself that he simply didnt torque the nut. To add, he had a bad attitude about the ordeal.

They agreed to replace all of my damaged parts with OEM parts and refund me for my towing. It took over a week. I get the truck back, drive it to the house, look underneath the truck, to discover that my CV boot had split on my passenger side, because they installed my leveling spacers backwards. I bring it back the next day, and this time every one has a slight attitude with me. No problem, I have the leveling kit installation manual, which clearly shows they installed it backwards. Reluctantly they correct the spacer orientation, but they replace the CV with a piece of crap off brand axle, and they took my Carhartt shirt out of my truck. They could have stole it, or it could have been an accident, i dont know. What i do know, is that at this point im just beyond done with Hay Tire. I didnt want them touching my truck anymore.

This brings me to last month, when after only one year, the CV they replaced failed, and my passenger strut is failing at 60k miles. The strut could be failing because of a number of reasons including the lift but part of me feels like this guy who had to rebuild my truck 3 times has purposely sabotaged me.

I find a mechanic I trust, take my truck to him, and I had him replace the CV to start. As he gives me my truck back, he points out to me that Hay Tire might have only adjusted my tow, not my camber and my caster, as the plastic tabs had not been removed, and my camber and caster were found to be way off. I can call and demand to see it, and make a scene, demand refunds, yada yada, but I dont even know if I want to put myself through the stress again. Do for now, i will just bite this bullet, and let all of you know.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Shoulda taken it to KRT...
    Last edited by Scruggz; 06-24-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Psalm 23

Shoulda taken it to KRT...[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the aggravation but glad you were able to find your answer!!

Not many good mechanics anymore for sure.

Sucks about the shirt
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Had issues with the one in mt p in the past. They lost atleast 4-5 customers as a result. I cant even remember exactly what the deal was but it was something with my fuel system. They “fixed it” and I was left on the side of the road less than an hour after picking it up. Took them days to get it right but was not the first time I had an issue with their work. They will never touch another one of my vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks, just move on and lesson learned.
    In other news, KRT got my son's truck in today for a last minute notice job
    and saved us probably 50% from other garages doing same job.
    No shit...……….if you live within two hrs of Columbia, you should be patronizing him.

Thanks guys. Scruggs, I hate you went through all that. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes but it’s how you’re treated after the mistake is what sets most shops apart. If I can help you in the future, let me know.