Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This year's informal duck run....

Default This year's informal duck run....

Or get together, whatever it is, resulted in 5 BUIs up at the sandbar above 601. Two were girlfriends taking their drunkass boy friends back to the landing.

I don't miss those folks.
    Last edited by rp; 06-20-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I wasn't invited...

The poker run was infinitely more funner when you were blitzed

The juice hasn't been worth the squeeze in years.

It was a fine event in its early years. I looked forward to it like a major holiday.
    U serious Clark?

I missed the early years. The first weekend in June we always had drill. Think my first run was year 5 or 6. It was already on the downhill slide at that point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    It was a fine event in its early years. I looked forward to it like a major holiday.
    X2

It’s ashamed some dumbassery had to ruin it for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it back and let DNR earn the BUI, resisting arrest money.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

The 2nd hardest thing I have ever done was placing the insurance for the poker run the last few years of its existence. Once those YouTube videos started being published, it became damn near impossible to place coverage after an underwriter googled it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I bet.

How does the Lake Murray Drift Jam and Reggaetronics get covered? Not much different is it, just a LOT more boats and drunks.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

That's an interesting video to watch. Of all music to play on a lake...

I didn't even see a Facebook event for the unsanctioned duck run this year. 5 BUIs doesn't seem high to me for a summer weekend there judging on the typical people out. I guess the "duck runs" now just give a reason for DNR to be in the area more.

Night Train probably added them as an additional insured. I didn't realize that stuff was still around- looks like they have changed the label (since the 70's anyway)
    Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I bet.

How does the Lake Murray Drift Jam and Reggaetronics get covered? Not much different is it, just a LOT more boats and drunks.

Drift jam is a stationary event where people bring their boats, park and drink their own booze. The poker run was an all day event that had individuals traveling from station to station that’s pre determined by the event coordinators. Plus, typically poker runs consisted of not only a card game but a boat race. Back before the YouTube videos, the underwriting conversations were “this is a group of conservationist putting in small john boats through the swamp raising awareness for migratory birds........YouTube really fucked that one up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    The 2nd hardest thing I have ever done was placing the insurance for the poker run the last few years of its existence. Once those YouTube videos started being published, it became damn near impossible to place coverage after an underwriter googled it
    It was unbelievable that they ran it without insurance all those years and got away with it. We couldn't be involved beyond allowing them to discuss it here, and I still could barely sleep that weekend every year worrying about the lawsuits...

We are lucky we never got sued and no one got seriously hurt. We ended it at a good time. FB and youtube ruined it along with people not knowing how to act. I like to drink beer with the best of them but I don't get slobberknockered with 400 boats around me. That's just asking for trouble. The Arkansas boys had one for a few years. Invited a few of us that put the duck run on out there to join. Me and Goin coastal went the 2nd year. It was a cluster. It was cancelled this year for the same reasons ours was.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I bet.

I actually recognizer a few folks in that video.

If you knew how much weed that group smokes the music selection wouldn't shock you at all.

A coupled of the boys had to skip work last summer to go to a Post Malone show. I had no idea who Post Malone was. I googled him and thought it was a death cult not music.

Did Night Train sponsor the event, or did they find a few un opened crates from the early 80's
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I heard one guy almost drowned at the sand bar but was saved by these two.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

They edited out the part of the video where everybody was heaving after ingesting the 'Night Train'
    At least I'm housebroken.

We still go down that weekend to set trot lines and fish been a tradition for awhile. We decided to ride over to see how many showed up and I'd say about 100 boats. Talk to the law and they said most of the problems usually comes from up there at the sandbar. Saw the law later coming out the swamp and they said it was real calm in the swamp surprisingly. Think they were pulling out to go up to the sandbar.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 06-21-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"