Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This year's informal duck run....

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It was unbelievable that they ran it without insurance all those years and got away with it. We couldn't be involved beyond allowing them to discuss it here, and I still could barely sleep that weekend every year worrying about the lawsuits...
    We had insurance. As Hogan said, when the underwriter looked it up, things about went to hell then.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It was unbelievable that they ran it without insurance all those years and got away with it. We couldn't be involved beyond allowing them to discuss it here, and I still could barely sleep that weekend every year worrying about the lawsuits...
    The first 6-7 years it had a cause and wasn’t about drinking and acting stupid with blowup dolls hanging from trees
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    The 2nd hardest thing I have ever done was placing the insurance for the poker run the last few years of its existence. Once those YouTube videos started being published, it became damn near impossible to place coverage after an underwriter googled it
    The chicken and the egg really. The first year I decided to make a video it was because it was already full of stripper poles, compliant women, and dumbassery. I’m sure it attracted more of the same, but not much different. The 2012 video did not have anything that the 2009 video did not have. I have no way of knowing but my guess is that if you collect any 300 boats on the lake on a given Saturday there would be a statistically similar amount of violations. The duck run just concentrated those activities. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Do you still have that video?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Do you still have that video?

Yep, 270k views later on four continents. MG

Dum Spiro Spero

Hell Yea! Keep AMERICA GREAT!~ Black Bokinni
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 06-22-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Good old days.
    More fuel = more boost!!

MG, you're a real creep....

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Thanks, maybe. However, 100% of the still images were sent to me by others and most of the videos also came from others. Several of the young ladies in the first video reached out to me because they wanted the pictures and videos of themselves to be able to post to their social media.

Might be interested to know there is a “G” rated version made featuring kids and families. It has less than 8k views. What is not on any of these videos are the dozens of pics and videos sent to me that are in clear violation of YouTube standard use agreements due to the acts and various states of dress and undress. MG

Last edited by Maggie Glover; 06-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Good old days.
    Yep!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    We had insurance. As Hogan said, when the underwriter looked it up, things about went to hell then.
    I think the underwriters made their negative decisions because a couple of partipants were running Johnson motors.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Whats wrong wif being a perv, that was a pretty classy video!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I actually recognizer a few folks in that video.

If you knew how much weed that group smokes the music selection wouldn't shock you at all.

A coupled of the boys had to skip work last summer to go to a Post Malone show. I had no idea who Post Malone was. I googled him and thought it was a death cult not music.

Did Night Train sponsor the event, or did they find a few un opened crates from the early 80's
    Looks like some Chatterbate broads in that mix there as well!!! LMAO!!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Hogan makes a great point but I bet when the videos first came out, everyone on here enjoyed them and had no problem with them.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-23-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Hogan makes a great point but I bet when the videos first came out, everyone on here enjoyed them and had no problem with them.
    We still don't

I took two families who were visiting from Michigan and Indiana to Sparkleberry Swamp on Friday in my 24' ark. We had kids ages 3-12 on this trip and they were completely amazed by the wildlife and alligators. That place is one of a kind and if you've never been it's worth the trip! Instilling the importance of protecting resources like our swamps, rivers,land, lakes and conserving wildlife is something we need to pass on to the next generation.

I really wish we could figure out how to bring back the annual Sparkleberry Swamp poker run as a fundraiser without the fear of legal liability. I was at a gathering in Savannah, GA a couple weeks ago and my crew who made the last 3 years of the run were all asking if it was ever coming back. They were from GA, AL, KY, FL and SC. They miss the run, bought poker hands, got drunk and always had an incredible time but they never got out of hand, drove a boat or got arrested. I had just as much fun as the sober designated driver.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 06-23-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Yep, 270k views later on four continents. MG

The view at the 2:41 mark, whew.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"