Thread: Boggy Head Rifle Range...

Default Boggy Head Rifle Range...

The rifle range was closed due to excessive litter and vandalism. USFS and SCDNR has scheduled a clean up day and are looking for volunteers. Below is a copy and past from the facespace post for information...

Did you know that Boggy Head Rifle Range on the Francis Marion Ranger District is a free rifle range with a policy of pack your trash out and paper targets only? It was closed Saturday morning until further notice due to vandalism and excessive trash. When your national forest lands are abused, everyone loses! We will hold a clean up on June 29th. Please call 843-336-2200 for more information or to volunteer.

Yeah it's been bad over there for a while. Twin Ponds across the forest is very clean, very comfortable and a range master is on duty to keep the knuckleheads to a minimum.

70+ volunteers turned out and got it done today.

Range is back open until some proud SC heybos mess it up again.

Excessive trash has become the norm. The litter they leave behind is just one of the problems that they create...

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    Yeah it's been bad over there for a while. Twin Ponds across the forest is very clean, very comfortable and a range master is on duty to keep the knuckleheads to a minimum.
    It used to be like what Glenn described. It used to look like a dump and was closed more than once that I can recall for volunteer clean up. TV's, computers, cans, books, CD/DVD's, wood...the list goes on. The first time I went there since they built it up and brought a range officer, I took the girlfriend to shoot a 20g and was told they don't allow shotguns there, only handguns and rifles "in order to keep it cleaner". Guessing they didn't want wads everywhere or maybe shredded targets? Not sure, either way it's a completely different place now.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    It used to be like what Glenn described. It used to look like a dump and was closed more than once that I can recall for volunteer clean up. TV's, computers, cans, books, CD/DVD's, wood...the list goes on. The first time I went there since they built it up and brought a range officer, I took the girlfriend to shoot a 20g and was told they don't allow shotguns there, only handguns and rifles "in order to keep it cleaner". Guessing they didn't want wads everywhere or maybe shredded targets? Not sure, either way it's a completely different place now.
    The clean up took place today. It was a dump until 11 am today. Nothing has changed. People are still people.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The clean up took place today. It was a dump until 11 am today. Nothing has changed. People are still trash.
    FIFY