Thread: Fins to the left in the D.R..

Default Fins to the left in the D.R..

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/54-jimmy-...vel-agent-says

I don't think I will ever see Punta Cana.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I wonder if the ice in the drinks had anything to do with it. I’ve always heard when traveling abroad to don’t drink the water or eat the ice. My supervisor just got back from a two week trip to Germany. Said he didn’t drink enough German bottled beer, and had several drinks with ice one night, and had the runs and was throwing up for the next two days.

I just got back from Punta Cana. We had no troubles...thankfully.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I wonder if the ice in the drinks had anything to do with it. I’ve always heard when traveling abroad to don’t drink the water or eat the ice. My supervisor just got back from a two week trip to Germany. Said he didn’t drink enough German bottled beer, and had several drinks with ice one night, and had the runs and was throwing up for the next two days.
    I'd wager it wasn't the ice.

I talked with a bartender while I was down there and he said the problems/poisonings are coming from the DR Mafia. He said that they use these techniques to extort money from the resorts. Like..."Pay us "x" amount or we will ruin your tourism business." I don't know how true that is, but it seems plausible, to me. Even though we had a nice time and never felt unsafe, I will not go back.

Been twice. Once to a very upscale place and once on a bargain adventure.

I got giardia at the upscale place; go figure...

8 dead, the Parrotheads, and I read today about another bunch sick at Hard Rock on a senior trip. I was considering the D.R. in August, but it looks like I'll probably be sticking with the Yucatan.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

6 of us just returned from Punta Cana last night. We booked the trip back in the fall, so we went ahead and rode it out. We had a great time, with 0 issues. We drank from the "forbidden" mini bar, had ice in our mixed drinks, and no one ever had any issues. We met several people along the way and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with no issues. I would do it again in a heart beat, but I can't say I blame anyone for wanting to choose a different destination with everything going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTRKY View Post
    6 of us just returned from Punta Cana last night. We booked the trip back in the fall, so we went ahead and rode it out. We had a great time, with 0 issues. We drank from the "forbidden" mini bar, had ice in our mixed drinks, and no one ever had any issues. We met several people along the way and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with no issues. I would do it again in a heart beat, but I can't say I blame anyone for wanting to choose a different destination with everything going on.
    Where did yall stay?? We were at Barcelo Bavaro Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Where did yall stay?? We were at Barcelo Bavaro Beach.
    We stayed at Excellence Punta Cana.

The Yucatan ain't much better. They just issued a warning for tourist the other day. Fuck Mexico
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCTRKY View Post
    We stayed at Excellence Punta Cana.
    We’re you there on 6/10 when the girl died in her hotel room? Bit unnerving...

Jimmy Buffett music makes me feel sick. Have they ruled that out?

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I just got back from Germany/Austria. We drank tap water the whole trip. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    We’re you there on 6/10 when the girl died in her hotel room? Bit unnerving...
    No, that was 2 days before we arrived. We heard about it while we were there.