Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I’ve been pleased with the coopers for the price but what kind of mileage should I expect out of them? I feel like i got more life out of the last set but I may be wrong

I rotate tires every time I change oil, 5K.
    10 ply E rated tire.... I'd say 50 to 60K
    More fuel = more boost!!

Going on 46k from a set of Michelin At2 and they still have plenty of tread. Ford F-150. Tire’s rotated every 5k. Pressure checked 1x per week. Minimal road noise for an AT, even wear, etc. Unless they are free I doubt I never get anything other than a Michelin again. I’ve tried others and always come back to Michelin even with the higher price.

My rep talked me into a set of Ridge Grapplers. I put a set on my 06 Silverado and I’m actually impressed as far as noise. Haven’t had them in the mud yet but the ride home from the beach impressed me as far as noise.
    More fuel = more boost!!

If Michelin made a tire that looked as aggressive as the BFGs or Ridge Grapplers or ST Maxxs, thats all I would buy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Michelin XTL M/S2...you can thank me in 100,000 miles when they're still on the truck...
    This. Well worth it and you won't regret it.

Toyo at2 is the best tire I’ve ever had. Wasn’t crazy about the look however. Atturo sucks, cooper lasted less miles than the atturos. Just had a set of falken wild peaks put on yesterday and I’m really digging them. Too soon to tell how they will hold up though

A53C66DE-9C99-4DE9-904E-ED711720BCAC.jpg
    382F7631-3A88-471D-B7B9-1DC1AB8D29DD.jpg
    573A4539-0387-4301-8791-A07A6C3DF9AC.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Just noticed the natty can in the street. If they can do that to a natty can I’d imagine they are gonna hold up pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Tire #1 Toyo at2 is the best tire I’ve ever had. Wasn’t crazy about the look however.
    Tire #2 Atturo sucks,
    Tire #3 cooper lasted less miles than the atturos.
    Tire #4 Just had a set of falken wild peaks put on yesterday and I’m really digging them. Too soon to tell how they will hold up though
    If you had gone with a Michelin LTX M/S2 from the start you would still be on your first set...

Due to my extremely high risk of getting nails in my tires I am finding it harder and harder to buy expensive tires

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    If you had gone with a Michelin LTX M/S2 from the start you would still be on your first set...
    Where did you get your LTX's?
    More fuel = more boost!!

20k put on this 1st set of falken wild peaks and i'll probably put them on again....even with a wide/heavy tire, they stay as quiet as you could expect....esp with a rotate and alignment every 5k

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Due to my extremely high risk of getting nails in my tires I am finding it harder and harder to buy expensive tires
    Can't argue with that...hell I'd be rolling on used tires then.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Where did you get your LTX's?
    My former tire guy...

It will be A2Z for my next 100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    20k put on this 1st set of falken wild peaks and i'll probably put them on again....even with a wide/heavy tire, they stay as quiet as you could expect....esp with a rotate and alignment every 5k
    I just put these on about 2 months ago. Grew up in the tire business and was a cooper/Michelin guy forever. Really like the Falkens. Good price, good ride for this type of tire and they look good.

Is it pronounced falcon or fall-ken? Don’t wont to sound dumb when I’m dropping truth bombs about my setup

The second one.

anyone run the Cooper Discoverer ATP on their truck? I had these on my last Tahoe and they were fantastic tires.

Wildpeak at3

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

My dads last set were the ATPs, he like them but put a set of Toyos on it the next go around. Said he felt like he had more T with the Toyos.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I just put a set of Ridge Grapplers on. I like them far better than the BFG AT so far.

Call Baxley's Tire in Scranton, SC. Not sure where you live, but you won't find a better price on tires. Cash is king with them.
    X2