Thread: Willyworm, somebody, anybody.. how do we stop robot calls on business phone?

Default Willyworm, somebody, anybody.. how do we stop robot calls on business phone?

We are getting like 1M calls every day. Have 5 lines and they must hit each one in order. I'm pretty sure that we have ATT for phone service, Spectrum for internet.

Talk to the live person, and waste.their.time.

Burn up so much of their day, THEY take you off the list

Quote Originally Posted by SCFoxman View Post
    Talk to the live person, and waste.their.time.

Burn up so much of their day, THEY take you off the list
    This is what the new girl in our office has been doing. Then asking for their phone number to call back at a later time.

Dropping a nuke on India will be a start
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Good luck. I have a Florida cell phone number and just quit answering calls from Florida numbers. Most of the calls didn’t have anyone on the other end and when they did most of the time it was someone speaking in Spanish that wouldn’t acknowledge anything that I said. I finally just gave up and ignore the phone calls now. I get at least three a day.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Yes there is something coming soon which is mandated by the FCC.

https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-in...calls-spoofing

Quote Originally Posted by Noguns19 View Post
    We are getting like 1M calls every day. Have 5 lines and they must hit each one in order. I'm pretty sure that we have ATT for phone service, Spectrum for internet.
    Sorry I'm late.

First of all, if you use us for internet and AT&T for phone service, we need to be talking about migrating those lines over to us ASAP. Send me a pm with the address, business name, etc and I'll look up the account and let you know what the options are. In most instances with 5 lines, I can save y'all a pretty substantial amount. Reason is, typically when a business has phone service only with AT&T the pricing is not very kind.

As for the robo calls, needs more info. Are the automated? Or are they a real human beings?

Here's a pro tip... I used to get automated calls on my company cell pretty often. When they call, answer the phone... when you here some automated thingy start to tell you about what product they are trying to sell you, or why they are calling, don't hang up! Give it 20 seconds or so. Then at the end it'll likely say something like "to be connected to a customer service rep, press 1, to be removed from this call list press 2". Press 2.

I started doing this and whatever list I was on, I was legitimately removed from. Since I kept doing that I've noticed a significant decrease in the number of BS calls that I get. To the point where I rarely get them any more.

Now if you switched your phone service to Spectrum we do have a feature called "Nomorobo". Haven't gotten any feedback on how well it works, but I know we offer it. It's supposed to eliminate the robo calls. https://newsroom.charter.com/press-r...ting-nomorobo/
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-23-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft