Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pellet grills

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I blame Butch Jones for this thread. I remember when Tennessee fans once talked about CFB and the the best lump charcoal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Do the people that think pellet grills are a travesty use indoor plumbing and electrictric or gas stoves inside? I don't really understand why a stove would be acceptable but a pellet grill isn't cavemanly enough. Only girly men poop inside.

I cook with whatever does the best job the easiest. I use a gas grill for searing steaks, sous vide for slow cooking to precise temperatures, a side box smoker for deep cold smoking, etc. I use a charcoal grill when appropriate. I'd definitely use a pellet grill for set-and-forget smoking. What do you think your favorite BBQ restaurant uses?

Only real men are smart enough to know how to adjust their natural chunk charcoal grills? It's so easy a caveman can do it...literally.

Doing it the hard way only makes sense to me if the end result is better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

THIS

Like others I would LOVE to have a pure wood fired smoker but do not have time or interest in learning how to use it.

Rely on my Weber Genesis and Weber Kettle grill but am looking at a pellet smoker to replace my old worn out MES.

I like the plug and play on smokers since I can not sit and baby sit a smoke

If I want true wood smoked Pork/Ribs/Chicken I drove up to Circle M BBQ on Liberty Hwy and get my food from Marion Martin

Actually have learned to do some smoking on my Weber Kettle grill (wings, center cut pork chops and even a turkey ). First to admit this is MUCH better if I have time

Main thing I use vertical smoker for is venison summer sausage. Like the ability to hang them up and smoke them instead of laying them flat on grill grate
    Last edited by tprice; 06-25-2019 at 07:23 AM.

i'm glad tprice and tommy have somehow convinced themselves of their manhood....but I aint buying it and the analogy is a poor one.

like its some strange, confusing network of tricks and techniques to cook things over actual wood or charcoal. I'd go as far as to say its so easy a caveman could do it.

and somehow saying "i'm too busy" is a silly excuse. stop playing with TVs, phones, Ipads, and "bluetooth" anything and I bet you have some extra time to cook like a real man.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and NO i am not really being serious and I'm sure led can cook some fine vittles for his people on one of these gadgets.....

I just aint buying one (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i'm glad tprice and tommy have somehow convinced themselves of their manhood....but I aint buying it and the analogy is a poor one.

like its some strange, confusing network of tricks and techniques to cook things over actual wood or charcoal. I'd go as far as to say its so easy a caveman could do it.

and somehow saying "i'm too busy" is a silly excuse. stop playing with TVs, phones, Ipads, and "bluetooth" anything and I bet you have some extra time to cook like a real man.
    I've got too many chores and projects stacked up to have time to stand around poking charcoal. I'd rather ride the tractor or go fishing than stand around a grill. The only reason I get to post on here as much as I do is because my job has me sitting at a computer all friggin' day. When I retire, I'll have less time to grill and I'll probably drop out of sight on here.

Don't do it

Why would you want to be so hateful

Funny and I completely understand your thought process

Really have looked very hard and one of Stump's smokes but in all reality just not worth the cost for the little amount I would use it

Main thing I smoke outside of summer sausage is couple turkeys for thanksgiving and Christmas, my adult kids and Wife's Boss BOTH love them so as long as they are happy I will continue

Did have a little fun this Thanksgiving when my MES bit the dust Thanksgiving am at 4am, that is when I learned to smoke one on Weber Kettle grill. Not bad but learned a lot that day

You know, people cook butts in crock pots.

^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am such an extreme multi-tasker, I can smoke meats AND ride the tractor.

See. It's like saying I'm wearing Ralph Lauren Chaps.. or I bought packet sauce.

Or I'm playing Vice balls because they're economical.

I hope that's a golf reference.
    Last edited by CurLee; 06-25-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Haha, it is

Gross

^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am such an extreme multi-tasker, I can smoke meats AND ride the tractor.
    My smoker is a 50 minute ride from the farm. Nonetheless, I still often set up the smoker and ride to the farm and just let it cook until the charcoal is gone. A pellet grill would be a bit more precise and predictable but somehow that would suck the testosterone out of my body. Luckily, I have such an overabundance of testosterone that the electric stove and oven don't deplete me.

You're right though. The food isn't worth eating unless you've devoted hours of toil to making sure is stays the same temperature.

You can sit down and Google the Mona Lisa and print it out.. You could hang it wherever, over you desk or over your bed.. doesn't matter where you put it. It's still not the real thing.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-25-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Or I'm playing Vice balls because they're economical.
    I found a Vice ball on the course last weekend. I played a couple shots with it because I was curious. Then I tried to skip it across a pond on a par 5. It got caught up in some lily pads and didn't make it.

Y'all are missing me with the golf references....

but the mona lisa one hit home.

carry on

oh...and a BGE is so easy, I can get it going before I go to bed (at 9:00) and it can cook all night without me paying attention.