Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: coastal impoundment people

Hogs love rice.
    Windows Down!

He harvests before the birds get to it? I got to know why he even harvests? I don’t doubt the mallards and blacks found and like it, but the net result of corn and its overhead cover wins.

And the reason the “rice” fields are/were planted in rice cause it’s the only thing that’ll grow
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

***without a shitpile of ditching

He harvests it for profit.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Ratoon as in he harvests and then it makes again in late October and he floods for duck season?

Yup.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    He harvests before the birds get to it? I got to know why he even harvests? I don’t doubt the mallards and blacks found and like it, but the net result of corn and its overhead cover wins.

And the reason the “rice” fields are/were planted in rice cause it’s the only thing that’ll grow

The reason rice fields were dug and planted is because folks needed to eat and west African slaves knew how to grow it and manipulate tidewater. Rice was deliberate, not a default due to poor growing conditions.

I’m familiar with the history. Let me be more specific-Based on average rainfalls, Rice is the only crop that would grow based on the amount of water in those soil profiles. IE- above average rainfall not to mention the 10” we got last week would drown corn, soybeans, etc. Rice does fine.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Any kind of rice can make your bowels impounded.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    but the net result of corn and its overhead cover wins.
    Which equals roosting and night feeding.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Many, as in who?
    my point, exactly. I'm trying to get someone to understand that rice is stupid when corn is an option. Its always interesting to hear people's agendas....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Shooting a .410 at turkeys or a bow at Cape Buffalo is stupid too, but people do it. To each his own.

I take it you won’t be planting any saffron rice after all???
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

A .410 is an experts cartridge, not a youth's, so I could see that.. The problem probably like a guy shooting a cape buffalo with one.. Is that a lot of assholes shoot .410s that shouldn't.

2th, Hogan is selling a bunch of baitcasters on a thread right around this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    A .410 is an experts cartridge, not a youth's, so I could see that.. The problem probably like a guy shooting a cape buffalo with one.. Is that a lot of assholes shoot .410s that shouldn't.
    i think the best part of shooting a .410 is telling everyone you shoot a .410. Its like the crossfit of shotguns.

Now the guys who shoot one and the only reason you know is because you see them load their shell pouch, those are the true heroes

It's just one thing that cranks me up, a guy posing as a sub-gauger. It's disrespectful.

What exactly makes a real "sub-gauger"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

it is defined as "anyone who makes an excuse for a miss bc they were using anything other than a 12ga."
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    i think the best part of shooting a .410 is telling everyone you shoot a .410. Its like the crossfit of shotguns.

Now the guys who shoot one and the only reason you know is because you see them load their shell pouch, those are the true heroes
    lol.
    an athiest, vegan, and crossfitter walk into a bar....everyone knows bc it's the first thing they tell everybody. should we add 410ers to that list?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston