Thread: Best Aluminum trailer

Default Best Aluminum trailer

Looking to upgrade my trailer. If y'all were looking at buying an aluminum jon boat trailer, who makes the best one? I've currently got a steel ez Trac, which pulls fine but it's painted steel and that won't work if I ever put it in salt. Also, the low sides are basically useless. I'm looking for something that I can put a decent load in while trailering out of state as well. What do y'all reccomend and which dealer ? Boat is a 656 Ambush with a 90.

I have an aluminum EZ Trac that hasn't given me any problems in almost 3 years but I've seen quite a few people complain about theirs having broken welds.

Check out Tennessee Trailers, have not seen one in person but heard lots of praise for them.

Lots of good options, but I’d roll on over to Wesco and have them build you one. I did that and was very happy. Upgrade what you want, stainless fasteners, LED lights, brakes, etc.....maybe not brakes for a jon boat, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 06-17-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Wesco, and make sure to get it with Vortex Hubs.

Feetsdown has a good deal on a trailer that should work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The only people I’ve heard about having problems w their aluminum trailers are guys pulling them out west. I know the roads leading to a certain area of a certain wma have broken a couple trailer welds.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Wesco
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

I had a custom Wesco built for my war eagle and love it. stainless fasteners, led lights and plastic on the bunks instead of carpet. Never had a problem. Ive heard good things from Charleston trailer as well
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

In my opinion unless you get a custom built trailer most mass quantity builders are similar and source parts from the same companies (tie down, etc). I went that route and took the savings to buy the upgrade options on all of it, torsion axles, hardware, better hubs, larger tire size, then put quality radials on it. I put a lot of miles on my trailer and have no complaints so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Wesco, and make sure to get it with Vortex Hubs.
    this

Charleston trailer.

My ez track or ez crack has broke twice. While I was sent a new piece free the first time the same thing broke again and I did pay for support the second time. Only $40. But still it has broken twice in the exact same place. Plenty others have had the same issue.
    I also like my new diamond city trailer. Time will test it but I have heard good things from others about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    The only people I’ve heard about having problems w their aluminum trailers are guys pulling them out west. I know the roads leading to a certain area of a certain wma have broken a couple trailer welds.
    This is one of my biggest fears. I have a couple places we put in that some folks wouldn't take a four wheeler down.

Default Best Aluminum trailer

I had a wesco built back in May for my ambush, although I went with galvanized. Cooper river marine is a wesco dealer and could probably get you one too.

I would stay away from ez track aluminum and their crack prone welds

Edit: My only gripe about wesco was the wire nuts they wired my lights with
    Last edited by Gone South; 06-17-2019 at 11:09 AM.

I have a Magic Tilt under my Triton that is awesome. Has the torsion axle and the track system to easily add accessories. I close friend of mine is the distribution manager here in Florence. If you're interested let me know.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

I would go custom from Charleston trailer. Get them to build exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I have a Magic Tilt under my Triton that is awesome. Has the torsion axle and the track system to easily add accessories. I close friend of mine is the distribution manager here in Florence. If you're interested let me know.
    I just bought a Magic Tilt with my new boat. I cant speak for longevity, as Ive only put 200 miles on it so far, but it certainly seems to be a really nice, well built trailer.