Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good kids campground?

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Not really a water park but the KOA in Cherokee is pretty cool for kids. They have heavily stocked trout streams and ponds, a big play ground, pool and a big movie theater where they play a disney movie every night, bike rentals , lots of hiking trails , waterfalls and of course Cherokee is right down the street a couple of miles. You can also bump right over to Cataloochie and see the Bears, Elk, Turkey and Deer wandering around like pets.
    There is a new Jellystone between Shelby and Marion North Carolina we did a night at right after labor day. We had just found out about it. Old Girl Scout camp they just bought and it opened on Memorial day. Had a great time and it had great facilities and an awesome pool kids splashpad/waterpark with slides and such. www.campgoldenvalley.com Cherokee is awesome right now. Rangers told me last weekend they believe the Cherokee herd has 199 elk and the Cataloochie herd has about 110 currently.

September 21
    IMG_7971 (1).jpg
    IMG_7980 (1).jpg

October 5
    IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg

They’ll be so easy to kill when they ever open a season up.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post
    There is a new Jellystone between Shelby and Marion North Carolina we did a night at right after labor day. We had just found out about it. Old Girl Scout camp they just bought and it opened on Memorial day. Had a great time and it had great facilities and an awesome pool kids splashpad/waterpark with slides and such. www.campgoldenvalley.com Cherokee is awesome right now. Rangers told me last weekend they believe the Cherokee herd has 199 elk and the Cataloochie herd has about 110 currently.

September 21
    IMG_7971 (1).jpg
    IMG_7980 (1).jpg

October 5
    IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    We were there the same time you were. It’s in Bostic NC. We were 1 of the only 3 pop ups. Great place those freaking golf carts they rent out will climb a mountain
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 10-17-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    We were there the same time you were. It’s in Bostic NC. We were 1 of the only 3 pop ups. Great place those freaking golf carts they rent out will climb a mountain
    We weren't staying there when I went to see the elk. Drove up to Cherokee 2 different Saturdays from where I live in Hickory, NC. The campground is 45 minutes from home. We were there the weekend after labor day and there wasn't a spot left to be had...campers included as well as all the cabins. We had a great time.

Believe it or not there's a good one in Swansea. River bottoms
    Last edited by coot nasty; 10-17-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

We weren't staying there when I went to see the elk. Drove up to Cherokee 2 different Saturdays from where I live in Hickory, NC. The campground is 45 minutes from home. We were there the weekend after labor day and there wasn't a spot left to be had...campers included as well as all the cabins. We had a great time.
    Yeah that’s when we were there. Good stuff. It’s about 30 mins from my house in Bessemer city

Yeah that’s when we were there. Good stuff. It’s about 30 mins from my house in Bessemer city
    Please tell me you aren't from Bessemer City.......cause I'm from Chervul and depending on your age and if you played sports there is a good chance I had a hand in kicking your ass in whichever one you care to recall!

Please tell me you aren't from Bessemer City.......cause I'm from Chervul and depending on your age and if you played sports there is a good chance I had a hand in kicking your ass in whichever one you care to recall!
    You’re either younger or older than me. All 4 years I played against Cherryville, the combined score was probly 250-20. We would whoop you on the field then take your women. My wife is from Cherryville

And I’m talking about football. Only one that matters

Bringing this one back up. Kids are now 7 and 5 and we upgraded to big camper. Is James island county park still the place to go? Wouldn't mind trying Carolina pines in Conway but have a house in surfside

Daddy Joes in tabor city, Willow Tree in longs, Carolina Pines in Conway and camp clearwater @ white lake are where we go

Daddy joes is good.

We will be there this Thurs-Sunday. We enjoy it and Willow tree the best

Willow tree is great an laid back. Carolina pines is great for the kids but I couldn’t imagine being there middle of summer with no shade and all that asphalt and concrete. Devils Fork is great. Lots of places on Clark’s hill. Corp of engineers parks are typically nicer than the state parks.

Does willow tree have a water park? My kids are gonna look at me like I'm on crack if I tell them to go hike or ride their bike

yes yogis in the smokies in cherokee is a great place and they have all sorts of stuff going on to cater to young kids

Does willow tree have a water park? My kids are gonna look at me like I'm on crack if I tell them to go hike or ride their bike
    Willow tree does have a pool and they have slides and stuff in the lake. They would have a blast.

Does willow tree have a water park?
    Yes.

https://willowtreervr.com/

I hear Ocean Lakes is nice this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I hear Ocean Lakes is nice this time of year.
    Lakewood for Life baby!
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud