Mountaineering.jpg

"All members of the climbing team were USMC Recon Afghan vets, and all but one was present when these two were injured. We were unable to climb on our intended summit day due to a storm that dropped a foot of new snow, but we stretched our food and fuel and were able to summit the next day in blue skies, after starting at in a complete whiteout with blowing snow."

"Kyle lost an eye in the same explosion that took 3 of Todd's limbs in Afghanistan during a 2010 deployment to the Sangin River Valley."

"I deployed to Musa Quela with 2/5 in 2012 and have no doubt that you guys paved the way for success for us in northern Helmand. The Brits we were with mentioned what a shit show Sangin was and how much calmer it became after 3/5, 1st Recon and 1/5 ran a train on that place."

"Can confirm. Was with 1/8 in Sangin/Kajaki same timeframe as you. OP's unit and many others sacrificed a ton for us. Can't forget about 3/7 too."

"Weapons co 3rd platoon with lt black. We were always supporting you guys any chance we got because cpt middendorf loved to fuck bitches up"

"Black was probably the best officer I’ve ever worked with.... everyone trusted him to make the right call and we knew he had our backs. Pretty sure he’s a prototype terminator because his reaction to getting shot in the back plate was to spin around and t-box the dude who shot him"

"Weird story, so my aunt helps wounded vets climb mountains (not a vet herself, she just enjoys it) and the last person she helped was that chick who was with lt black, and who also got shot."

"Yup, that would be Amber Fifer. I worked with her team on that deployment and had a front row seat to the firefight she was wounded in. Guy lit us up pretty good... the gunner in the truck that was blown up (we hit an ied right before it started) took an AK round through the femur, a squad leader got killed, and Lt Black took a round to the sapi before doing a quick 180 and doming the guy only after putting 5-6 rounds center mass and didn’t do shit. Gotta love tiny armor piercing bullets on hoped up hajis."

Semper fi, and retreat hell.