Thread: Honda four wheelers

Default Honda four wheelers

My dad wants to get himself a four wheeler. He said he prefers to have power steering and rear independent suspension. While we could get new a used newer four wheeler will do.

My question is this, are the Rincon’s just as dependable as the ranchers? I know it’s a bigger motor but the actual size of the four wheeler are basically the same. I’m mainly concerned about engine, transmission, etc.

id love to demo a new rincon with the 3 speed auto transmission. I swore I’d never own another auto after the Yamahas with CVTs left me sitting dead one too many times. I’m curious to see how that trans holds up pulling long, steep hills with 1/4 ton of corn strapped to the racks. I want to love an auto because that leaves a free hand for a cold one, but until someone I know Guiana pigs one the way I use one, I’m a wet clutch (toe or thumb) shift fan.

I got a 2002 Artic Cat that will tow my house up the hill if I put it in 4 low. Just sayin. It has a Suzuki motor in it and bullet proof. 2500 will get it and do what you want it to do.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Cant go wrong with a honda
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Find one of the old rubicon 500
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Find one of the old rubicon 500
    1998-2004 foreman 450 ES is my “best ever”. But I had a 500 for a while and loved it.

I did too. Currently have a 98 foreman 450 es that I gave $800 for and completely did a frame off restoration on. Rubicon could be shifted or put into automatic mode
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 06-12-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I got a 2002 Artic Cat that will tow my house up the hill if I put it in 4 low. Just sayin. It has a Suzuki motor in it and bullet proof. 2500 will get it and do what you want it to do.
    That sounds like a badass 4 wheeler

^ drooling

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

The only negative with Honda is that they have yet to come out with a twin cylinder big bore. So if you want something to burn 30'' tires then you may not be impressed. I guess they make so much money from being the most dependable atv's that they don't care.

You mention a Rincon. IMO a Rincon is overkill for what your father probably wants a 4wheeler for. I haven't been on one in years, but I didn't like the way the older Rincons felt. They felt very top heavy and too small for their power. I'm sure they are probably better now though. With that said, I too would suggest a Rubicon. It's a 500cc and will come with the options that he wants.

If you do want to go the Rancher route, you can get a Rancher with power steering and automatic transmission, but by the time you add those options you could go ahead and buy a Rubicon.

As for the transmissions stated above. Honda's auto tranny runs off the engine oil where as everyone else's runs off belts. That belt will slip whenever it gets wet, Honda's won't.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I know that it goes without saying but if you buy used, don’t buy one that has seen teenager use. They can and will tear up an anvil with a banana.......just like we all did at that age.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

and never buy used with a snorkle