Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll Just Put This Right Here

Default I'll Just Put This Right Here

COLUMBIA — The buzzing started as soon as the announcement was made.

Alex Huntley is a terrific prospect in his own right. The four-star defensive tackle from Hammond School chose South Carolina last weekend over suitors like Georgia, LSU and Oklahoma. His pledge thrust the Gamecocks’ 2020 recruiting class to 14th in ESPN’s latest rankings, with plenty more star power out there.

USC doesn’t have to look far for another prospect that could propel its recruiting class into historic territory. Huntley’s teammate is defensive end Jordan Burch, recently crowned the country’s No. 1 recruit by one service.
    Huntley’s commitment was celebrated, then re-celebrated.

That second wave envelops what the first pledge could mean for a potential second, especially when Hammond is less than six miles from Williams-Brice Stadium; Hammond’s quarterback is Jackson Muschamp, Will’s son; and the Skyhawks are coached by Gamecock alum Erik Kimrey, who threw one of the most famous passes in school history.
    But it’s recruiting and crazy things happen, so assuming all that plays in favor of USC landing Burch is at best tentative. Kimrey said each player is approaching his recruitment individually.

But it can’t hurt.

“Boogie draws people to him,” Kimrey said. “In terms of him being able to recruit for his own class, I would imagine he’d be helpful.”

Huntley earned the nickname Boogie when he was a baby, according to Kimrey, because he crawled so fast his family remarked “watch that baby boogie.” He hasn’t stopped moving fast.

Huntley is the fifth four-star recruit to pledge to USC, joining running back MarShawn Lloyd (Maryland), tight end Michael Wyman (North Carolina), offensive lineman Issiah Walker (Florida) and Myrtle Beach quarterback Luke Doty. The steadily rising class could wind up challenging USC’s historic class of 2007, which was ranked as high as fourth in the country.

That class brought in Chris Culliver, Antonio Allen, Patrick DiMarco, Melvin Ingram and Stephen Garcia, among others. The early commits helped recruit the last commits, which is what Huntley and the others are vowing to do this year.

Alex Huntley
    Hammond defensive tackle Alex Huntley committed to Will Muschamp and South Carolina last weekend. Photo provided

He’s a guy that also plays basketball, lacrosse and won the state championship in the shot put. He was elected student-body president and even took a hunting class, “because he wanted to do something uniquely Hammond,” Kimrey joked.

“Greatest leader I’ve ever coached,” Kimrey said. “He’s got a charismatic personality, so how he goes, the team goes, and he usually goes really, really well. In my mind, he’s a locker-room changer. Once he gets acclimated and gains a presence on the field, he’s going to be the kind of guy you want in your locker room.”

And on the field?

“I think he’s a Sunday (NFL) guy. He’s an absolute monster and he’s highly underrated,” Kimrey said. “Does a great job of using his hands while using his feet. We use him as tight end at some sets just to cave down the entire side of the line because he can block, too.”

Congrats???
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Boogie is a great kid. I am extremely happy for him....although he didnt play lacrosse this year.

The "hunting class" is probably sporting clays since he shot for the first time this year. I loaned him a gun. He still has it and I told him if he went to USC, I wanted it back....

Oh well. He's still one of my favorite kids on the team. I honestly cant comment on his football abilities, but I expect this hard-working kid to do well at the next level. He has great parents, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Muschamp has certainly been working the recruiting trail. Time will tell.

Coots are getting some good ones. Got an o lineman today.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post

I agree , they got a REAL GOOD ONE in Zach Pickens. He will be fun to watch, really hate Tigers missed out on him but I understand his decision.

Really think IF they give Muschamp time he will do a decent job at U5C
    Last edited by tprice; 06-18-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Wait, “feel good” football players?

I cant wait until football starts... Been coaching out at the Lexington football camp this week and Im ready for it to start. My son will be playing his first year of tackle this year. I grew up playing football in Lexington with coach Kirby and its kinda cool that my son will be playing for him and i will be one of his assistants now. But its funny how they recruit these young players begging them to be on their team. I hope we have this problem in the future.

Oh and good pick up Rick!
    Last edited by coot nasty; 06-18-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

And so his posts begin.......give it till October and he'll go dormant again
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    He has definitely been working on upgrading the O-line and D- line.
    which has been their struggle for the past few years.
    Good running backs with no where to run and Lil Jakey always running for his life.
    This cat runs a 4.6 in the 40. I like how he is mean mugging the camera
    9251468.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-18-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Last edited by tman; 06-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Bout time. Good Class for sure. BUT, in the END it is 6.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Sounds like you guys will get 3rd place division rings if you can hold off Kentucky this year...Impressive indeed.

Easy to soapbox when Clemson is passing on 5 stars right now and I am sure the tide will change...until then I will keep using my 2nd hand and toes to watch this cycling out continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    Sounds like you guys will get 3rd place division rings
    Not with the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation. This ain't the ACC Bo!
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...or-2019#slide0

Congrats to the kid and should be a good pick up for the team.

But in my opinion, coaching has been more of an issue than the talent on the field.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    Congrats to the kid and should be a good pick up for the team.

But in my opinion, coaching has been more of an issue than the talent on the field.
    This is my take as well. You could probably give them Clemson's talent and they still wouldn't put them in the right position to win.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

If this is what cyclin' looks like, I'm good with it....
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Nice, wiz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

6-10 is still coming.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013