Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What/Who Moves The Needle...

I'm not sure if I want to mess with Pittman Robertson. I say let that sleeping dog lie.

In reality "hunters" are a small portion of the Pittman Robertson. The real money is coming from gun enthusiast and shooters.

Target and competitive shooters go through a lot more ammo and guns than hunters do. Sure there is some overlap, but there are plenty of hunters benefiting greatly from PR that buy one box of ammo every other year.

And if people really understood how much money was there, I'm afraid we'd have all kinds of people arguing on how it should be spent.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to mess with Pittman Robertson. I say let that sleeping dog lie.

In reality "hunters" are a small portion of the Pittman Robertson. The real money is coming from gun enthusiast and shooters.

Target and competitive shooters go through a lot more ammo and guns than hunters do. Sure there is some overlap, but there are plenty of hunters benefiting greatly from PR that buy one box of ammo every other year.

And if people really understood how much money was there, I'm afraid we'd have all kinds of people arguing on how it should be spent.
    Excellent points. All hunters shoot, to some degree, but not all shooters hunt. Those folks burn some powder and pay their fair share and get shafted in the process as most public gun ranges are a travesty.

I'd just like to see some skin in the game from the most vocal people instead of it all landing on consumptive users and shooters. How, if and when that happens, I have no idea. I'm not that smart. A point of sale tax like P/R seems to be the best way and I HATE taxes except for the ones I like. lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    American red snapper.
    Pfffffftttttt.....

We threw back an easy 15 last week in 300'....one might have accidentally fallen into a Ziploc bag of lemon/lime juice, onions, cilantro, but you can't prevent every accident

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Excellent points. All hunters shoot, to some degree, but not all shooters hunt. Those folks burn some powder and pay their fair share and get shafted in the process as most public gun ranges are a travesty.

I'd just like to see some skin in the game from the most vocal people instead of it all landing on consumptive users and shooters. How, if and when that happens, I have no idea. I'm not that smart. A point of sale tax like P/R seems to be the best way and I HATE taxes except for the ones I like. lulz.
    I was struggling with your boistrous support of a new tax.

But I agree that consumption taxes are easier to swallow. At least the people using the lands would be taxed. But that conversation quickly turns into an access fee and I'm with feets on that one. I don't won't to have a horse riding season and a peace loving hippy weekend competing with hunting season.

Climate Change

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Gotta be the green fish. Have you seen the price of glitter boats lately? Do you know what glitter boats do chicks in estrus?
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Me and my son were riding this evening and a young male quail ran across the path. He looked at me and asked if I saw that quail. He was excited. The next generation is an important part in the conservation equation.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 06-11-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Glenn joins Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and all of a sudden he's proposing new taxes?!?

WTF 2.gif

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

For those who like to read you can get a good grasp on just about everything here but have to do some extrapolation between the two reports.

The first will tell you everything about Pitman monies, the second will show the revenue generated from hunting both by nation, state and more.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45667.pdf

https://www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/fhw11-nat.pdf
    Genesis 9;2

I’ve issued myself a depredation permit for the deer that have found my garden. I will be sure to use the most expensive caliber I have at hand to kill the MF’s. There. That’s my contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Pfffffftttttt.....

We threw back an easy 15 last week in 300'....one might have accidentally fallen into a Ziploc bag of lemon/lime juice, onions, cilantro, but you can't prevent every accident
    I was, uh, kidding, dude. We were catching them on chicken rigs a few weeks ago. They're endangered like black sea bass are endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Glenn joins Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and all of a sudden he's proposing new taxes?!?

WTF 2.gif
    If you're gonna green decoy there is no sense in doing it halfway.

We're handing out free George McGovern bumper stickers at the next meetin'.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.

If you're gonna green decoy there is no sense in doing it halfway.

We're handing out free George McGovern bumper stickers at the next meetin'.
    You didn't even go to the first one...

I was at a Bernie rally handing out free cell phones.