Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Growth Pics

I don’t think that’s him.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I don’t think that’s him.
    me either, but looks like a thick neck and decent rack.
    Pulled this one a few hours ago and at first I thought I had him but not him either
    Big Daylight.JPG
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-28-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    here I go again....

y'all think too much. its hot. deer agree. they aint going far and they aint up and about all damn day long. I have some cameras out and you might get a deer in the broad ass daylight but its pretty dang rare. a deer like that is just trying to beat the heat until the sun goes down. it really is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I have a buck right now that is making a 1.3 mile walk between feeders usually 4 times per day. He's on my feeder 6am and 6pm and the neighbors 1.3 miles away at midnight and lunch. He did the same thing last year.
    Hmmmm.....

OK. I'll bite. You think his deer is walking 1.5miles every night? In the summer? And his buddy most certainly has "the same deer" on camera, right?

I think that situation is rare. Empirical evidence or would you like me to quote stats from scientific studies?

Pretty interesting study done IN GEORGIA on deer visiting feeders. Daytime pics of mature bucks on feeders = 1.3%

I feel certain people can debate deer activity all day long but I like science and numbers more than internet stories. Granted, I take those numbers and compare it with what I see on a weekly basis. I have a few cameras out for over a month now. I get to my farm for three days a week. I get to see what is moving in the mornings and my cameras take pics, too.

I put all that together to say "deer dont move during the day very much....especially when its hot and the does aren't ready."
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It’s a deer, most of what they do doesn’t make any sense to us. That deer may walk a mile everyday or he could be bedded 40 yards from where he feeds. They all do different things. As far as daylight movement I have always seen a ton of daylight movement during the summer on the properties I hunt. They always seem to move between 12 and 3 during the day for some reason on my farm.

i call all holy hell bullshit on "a ton of movement from 12-3 during the summer".

what you really mean is "i get 10000 pics but i did see a few deer midday" which you somehow decided was "a ton."

someone who said the same thing as you took it a step further and let his cameras do all the data collection and he did the math.
    1.3% of his pics were daytime mature bucks. that's not "a ton."

and I actually agree with you. deer do what they need to do to survive.

but i am absolutely confident I'm not going to try to kill a deer from noon to three in the summer based on the ton of deer you see.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-29-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    They always seem to move between 12 and 3 during the day for some reason on my farm.
    I notice the same activity on all 3 of the properties I hunt. I know the UPS driver that runs the route at my house. He says during the summer he sees more deer movement between 12-2 than any other time of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

You can call it what you want but there has been a group of 12 bucks that has been in the same beanfield between 12-3 nearly everyday this summer. That cannot be disputed. Do I get a more daylight pics on a corn pile this time of the year in the middle of the day? No I don’t. But I will average 400 pics a week on a mineral block and at least half of those are during the day. I have yet to get a nighttime picture of a mature buck on it this summer but they are there 3 to 4 times a week during the day. I will agree with you that there’s no way I will be trying to kill one during the middle of the day in August either.

I see deer move in middle of the day all the time. Maybe a few it maybe a lot. I’m not talking on a corn pile on a game cam
    80-20 Genaration

That'n got a little pronghorn in it it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

A true cull right there!

I'm gonna let Tooth fight this one out.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Nah, he wandered up back in March after my neighbor got evicted. Had been hit by a vehicle and pretty beat up, antlers were a mess with a lot of velvet bleeding and gone.
    He’s got a lot of mass, being fed right, really curious to see how he grows next year. Probably a 2&1/2 year old but I ain’t sticking my hand in his mouth to age him.

I just quoted statistics from a game camera survey. It was pretty cut and dry.

I see deer midday. Truth be told, I see WAY MORE DURING THE DAY than I do at night.

Because I'm not there at night.

But, hey, who can argue with "i see deer in a bean field" or "my mailman sees deer from 12-3."

I'll let YALL fight it out but I gotta ask: Does your mailman deliver mail around midnight? If so, does he have a spotlight?

I'd bet he'd see more deer....

Hey Rick, I'll buy you a lifetime supply of white new balances and corvette magazines if you let me kill that 10 pernt..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Hey Rick, I'll buy you a lifetime supply of white new balances and corvette magazines if you let me kill that 10 pernt..
    I thought you liked cowhorns just as much as booners.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'll shoot them too...
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I just quoted statistics from a game camera survey. It was pretty cut and dry.

I see deer midday. Truth be told, I see WAY MORE DURING THE DAY than I do at night.

Because I'm not there at night.

But, hey, who can argue with "i see deer in a bean field" or "my mailman sees deer from 12-3."

I'll let YALL fight it out but I gotta ask: Does your mailman deliver mail around midnight? If so, does he have a spotlight?

I'd bet he'd see more deer....
    I wasn’t really trying to argue with you 2th, just trying to show that some deer do move a lot during the day. I’m sure some do more than others and they all move more at night than any other time. Carry on. After all it’s just a glorified goat so no reason for us to fuss about them.

i agree

but they move more at night. way more.

nanny nanny boo boo

90% of my trailcam pics are noon-3pm right now... and 2th is an asshole!