Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Growth Pics

Best advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Velvet is tricky, but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes mid 150's

Beautiful animal.

Pro tip: Practice holding the Q beam and shooting 1 handed before actually trying to do it in the wild.

Zoom in on the one behind this guy
    STC_0643.JPG
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-22-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Helluva couple of bucks there Rick. Good luck! Deer like that would make me want to actually go deer hunting.

He's somewhere in the daylight. Start moving cameras the way he's coming/going
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

You'd be amazed at how far he is traveling. Or at least how far he will once he has other things on his mind.

I'd also be careful about such specifics on an open forum.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 07-22-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    You'd be amazed at how far he is traveling. Or at least how far he will once he has other things on his mind.

I'd also be careful about such specifics on an open forum.
    Oh, I am not blind to the fact that he could be bedding a good distance away, that's probably why I get him at 4am.
    takes him that long to get to my feeder and I am sure neighboring hunters have seen him on camera too.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Helluva couple of bucks there Rick. Good luck! Deer like that would make me want to actually go deer hunting.
    Funny thing is that you’ve been on that place before...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

here I go again....

y'all think too much. its hot. deer agree. they aint going far and they aint up and about all damn day long. I have some cameras out and you might get a deer in the broad ass daylight but its pretty dang rare. a deer like that is just trying to beat the heat until the sun goes down. it really is that simple.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Funny thing is that you’ve been on that place before...
    Well then you could invite me back . I'll bring Scout to run around with the kids again lol.

I just like looking at his pics. Amazes me that he can be so stealth and wise to get that size in an area
    that sees some neighboring hunting. I think he stays in a serious thicket and is 100% nocturnal

I bet you could kill him sometime between 11am and 2pm.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-23-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I had one like that last year. As soon as the velvet dropped he was never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Oh, I am not blind to the fact that he could be bedding a good distance away, that's probably why I get him at 4am.
    takes him that long to get to my feeder and I am sure neighboring hunters have seen him on camera too.
    That ole boy isn’t traveling for hours to eat your corn. In this heat with no hunting pressure, he is not going far. Get Pbiz to bring the hounds and light him up when he crosses the paved road.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I had one like that last year. As soon as the velvet dropped he was never to be seen again.
    I have had big ones disappear too. I think this one could be killed during the peak rut as he has stuck around last year too.
    I will be sitting all day when the wind is right this year, he is the kind of deer that gets the "lets stay 10 minutes longer" sit.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    That ole boy isn’t traveling for hours to eat your corn. In this heat with no hunting pressure, he is not going far. Get Pbiz to bring the hounds and light him up when he crosses the paved road.
    I agree with both statements. ( I’m an avid bow hunter) But I’d bet you if there is a stupid nasty thicket near by that’s where he is.

Also I have had some really good bucks stay nocturnal until it starts to cool off, then they come around but it only takes bumping him one time and the game is over.

I have found that lots of times the old, big boys will bed down in open woods just over the crest of s steep hill with the wind coming over the ridge behind them. Anything in front they can see and anything behind he can smell. I have found several core areas full of rubs, beds and sheds like this.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    You'd be amazed at how far he is traveling.
    I have a buck right now that is making a 1.3 mile walk between feeders usually 4 times per day. He's on my feeder 6am and 6pm and the neighbors 1.3 miles away at midnight and lunch. He did the same thing last year.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I have a buck right now that is making a 1.3 mile walk between feeders usually 4 times per day. He's on my feeder 6am and 6pm and the neighbors 1.3 miles away at midnight and lunch. He did the same thing last year.
    I have a bachelor group of 8 bucks that does the same thing. They make a big circle throughout the day visiting 3 different fields and a food plot, according to google maps its 1.7 miles. Theres no telling how far that buck will roam during the rut. I was getting pictures of a nice 11 point last year in August and September and he disappeared, on December 4th I had him on camera 3.3 miles away.

Look close, zoom in. Have we captured a daylight pic of the behemoth? Hard to tell but this one has some headgear
    STC_0289.JPG
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-28-2019 at 08:31 PM.