Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rock

Close guess...

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    $26k all in.
    Back when we fished the Governor’s Cup our owners per week budget was $20,000, Big Rock was about twice that. We nearly got kicked out of City Marina when a fuel truck we contracted pulled up and we bunkered about all of it. Dock master was losing it when our owner assured him that we had every intention of meeting our fuel minimum with him too. Those twin MANs got thirsty when you spooled up all of the turbos. We fished a Jim Smith Tournament 60, Hell now that is not even a remarkable vessel with all of the 72 and 80’s out there. MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 06-10-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

My high school buddy's boat is the 72 VIKING 'Sea-I-Sea' and is fishing the tourney.
    The name of his company is SIA (insurance group) and he started it from his father's little insurance company in Jacksonville, NC years ago.
    Viking flies him everywhere he wants to go in their helicopter cause he upgrades every two years or so.
    Major tax breaks for the company as he has Brad (captain) taking clients out on it all the time.
    At the drop of a hat, he will tell Brad to take it down to the Bahamas and then he and his wife fly down and stay on it for a week or so at the time

His house on the ICW makes the boat look poor
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-10-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Seems like it might be time to edit that signature, no?

One thing that I have found interesting over the past few years is that there is better discussion on the Big Rock tourney (and others) on this forum vs charelestonfishing.com. Right now there are three posts on that website referencing BR and 1/3 of those posts are incorrect.

I don't look at that other website very often anymore, but when I do it literally makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    One thing that I have found interesting over the past few years is that there is better discussion on the Big Rock tourney (and others) on this forum vs charelestonfishing.com. Right now there are three posts on that website referencing BR and 1/3 of those posts are incorrect.

I don't look at that other website very often anymore, but when I do it literally makes me cringe.
    Chas fishing sucks these days. Bunch of transplants on there just looking for people to give them spots.

Ouch.
    IMG_5332.jpg

Coming into Beaufort a couple of Big Rocks ago he was following us in and was way too close. After that I kind of questioned them, but obviously he is of higher character than I originally assumed.

The second that gaff crosses the plane of the gunnel that fish is either killed or DQ'd. Tough pill to swallow on the first day, but glad they did the right thing.

181 boats caught 48 fish yesterday. not red hot.

Sea Striker has boated a blue
    :FYT:

Must be a good un Randy said this morning look at um good before you take one.

Fender Bender has boated a blue as well.
    :FYT:

502. To small

JF and crew still leading the release division
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I just received a video my buddy shot on his phone from the bridge of them releasing one.
    They sit at 21st place right now. Don't know how to post the video on here.
    Sent to me by the fellow wearing the white socks and sneakers in my "dolphin pics" in HS's America thread.
    He has won this bitch once before. Boat is the "Hello Dolly"
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-11-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Slow morning so far

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Most of the fleet didn't go this morning. Only 37 fishing today. Big Tahuna been hooked up for an Hr.
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 06-12-2019 at 12:25 PM.

You can tell the luxury fisherman from the regular fisherman for sure by who is out there today. Then there is Rob on his 33 cat giving zero fucks as usual...

I
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You can tell the luxury fisherman from the regular fisherman for sure by who is out there today. Then there is Rob on his 33 cat giving zero fucks as usual...
    Or this guy. Smallest boat in the fleet.

68FC3B88-482F-41C4-8C9D-D44C2034718A.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

You fished as many straight as the weather would allow not so long ago, because everyone remembered Allison.

Seems they have forgotten...