Thread: Ford 309 Planter

Default Ford 309 Planter

Been looking in my area for a two row planter and every thing is sky high. Getting a Ford 309 has been on my mind. Well they are going between $1000 and $1250 for a decent one.Well I got a call today about a older gentleman that has one to sell. I talked to the owner and he said it was in good shape with the only problem being it needs one of the chains replaced. He is asking $400. He is going to get pics to me of it . If it looks ok I will go inspect in person.What are you guys opinion on these planters? What should I look for when and if I go look at it? It also has 30 seed plates with it.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

Should be a fine planter and parts are fairly easy to find. Chains can be picked up at most tractor dealers.

USA Roller Chain & Sprockets
    (407) 347-3519
    usarollerchain.com

roller chain size chart.JPG

mine uses #30 flat chain. only comment I have is that the row adjust is 28 - 42". I been looking to go narower for corn like maybe 16. considering going to 42, and going back over it to add the middle row, but it'd probably look like a drunk tractor driver. otherwise its a great planter. look at the fertilizer agitator inside the hopper. i pressure wash mine after each use with fertilizer. 3

I’ll take it if you pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!