Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having trouble with tilt/trim staying

your original post reads that it was falling back down. That is why I said "check valve".
    Relays just provide momentary electricity to trim motor to raise it up or down.
    Has nothing to do with holding the motor up (pressure).

"I have no problem moving the tilt /trim while sitting in the water, but as soon as I turn the gas and get some speed, the motor keeps trimming back down. It happens quickly too, it’s not like it stayed tilted up and then trims down, it almost instantly trims down as soon as I move.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-04-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Gotcha. I was having an issue with it falling but only while running, I thought he was talking about his trim falling while stationary. Not sure why after I reread his post, must have read that quickly.

I think I’m actually have multiple problems though. My trim originally was moving up and down while I was on the water, and would fall only when I got moving. I brought it home and when I was checking fluids and connections in the garage, the tilt stopped working. I installed a new solenoid but that didn’t work so I have a relay on order. I’m assuming the answer is
    No, but could a bad relay be the reason the tilt would drop while moving? No matter what I have to get it to move up before I can figure out if it is still falling or now so I have to wait a few days till the part comes in
    I am assuming the answer is No, but I know just about nothing having to do with tilt and trim. If the

you can take the old relay into an auto parts store and get it for just a couple bucks usually.
    I have had them cross reference the number and have it in stock. Same ones used in cars a lot of the time.
    Its just a set of points inside the little relay

Jump the relay, if it works then it is relay. If it does not then your problems lie else were.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    you can take the old relay into an auto parts store and get it for just a couple bucks usually.
    I have had them cross reference the number and have it in stock. Same ones used in cars a lot of the time.
    Its just a set of points inside the little relay
    Nice! Thanks man i put a hold on my order so I’ll take the old one into autozone or something and try that out tomorrow.

I was so busy at work I just ordered the mercury relay, tossed it in the other day and it worked perfectly. I just got one but will probably pick up another and keep the older one as a spare.
    Went out on the water and worked on issue two- the trim not staying up. I guess that the motor stays up, but only to a certain point. I played around with it finding the best position, and I think I was running it trimmed up too high anyway. Maybe it’s not holding when trimmed up high or maybe that is normal but I’m happy with it now. Thanks for the help