Thread: CMC Clevis bracket replacement

Default CMC Clevis bracket replacement

Anyone had to replace one?

Can’t get the screws out of the original bracket and can’t get the sheared bracket off the hydraulic arm. Anyone have any tips?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I've replaced mine a couple times. Broke it again a couple weeks ago, and have to do it again. Use some penetrating oil, and let it sit. You can use some heat on it, but be careful if you do.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I've replaced mine a couple times. Broke it again a couple weeks ago, and have to do it again. Use some penetrating oil, and let it sit. You can use some heat on it, but be careful if you do.
    I used a blow torch yesterday, got no where. I’ll try penetrating oil. How did you remove the pin to get the broken section off the hydraulic arm?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

A hammer, and a bolt that was just smaller than the outside diameter of the pin.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The actuator in my PT130 has died, and I cannot get the top pin out to remove the unit to save my life. I have broken punches, bolts, and hammers, and I've used heat and penetrating oil. A sledgehammer doesn't move the pin a bit. I'm at my wit's end. The entire unit is collecting dust in the shed.

All that being said to say, good luck.

Can you drill the pin?
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...