set lines...
    limits...
    creel sizes..
    mallard release... lol
    night hunting for coyotes and hogs...
    fox hunting in pens...
    coon hunting at night...
    no wake zones...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Yet you cry wolf in the hen house but won't tell the farmer where.... Step up and call a spade a spade!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    What "we" got is a vast improvement over what "we" had. However, for "them" to give the 75% of the state that has the biggest problem 50% more opportunity 3 years ago is probably the dumbest move in the history of dumb.

I'm going to manage my properties the way I see fit, and there may be one longbeard left in SC in 20 years, but he will be on my property.

You must have some big tracts of land
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    South Carolina is one of only a few states where natural resource management is controlled by the legislature. In the vast majority of other states, natural resource management is controlled by a governing board within each state’s natural resource agency, reducing political intrusions into resource management.

Who appoints them?

Yea, I thought so.
    Exactly my point. You tell us it wouldn't work with out the legislatures because of liberal tendencies of the biologist. But yet it does work in 40 something other states. Did they just happen to scoop up all the good biologist?

Or is it possible that they appoint people to the committee and hold them accountable without feeling the need to micromanage every minute detail like youth hunting dates.

And SW if you think people are going to reliably drive their turkeys to a check in station you have lost your mind. You make something overly complex and people just stop doing it. The goal should be to make things simpler. Something that doesn't seem possible with the current system where we attempt to make every politician happy.

Corruption starts at the top for the SCDNR. Alvin and Emily are more than happy to send public paid Scdnr employeesand equipment to serve the needs of privately owned plantations as long as the owner is on the board or perhaps an influential senator.

Been happening for a while boys.
    Windows Down!

I am saying people make decisions. Whether they are elected, appointed by elected officials, or have a graduate degree in biology.

Elected officials can be removed or threatened removal. That influences their decision.

Appointees to a board by elected officials can be removed by those elected officials but will generally be affected by the officials who appointed them.

Biologists are trained by professors. As you can see nearly all college professors are liberal. Why do you think biology professors would be different?

I have been told to be mindful of this trend buy old time biologists. No system is perfect.

The direct answer is no politician willingly gives up power.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 06-09-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The direct answer is no politician willingly gives up power.
    Appreciate the candidness

Look at it another way.

If biologists set all game laws would these exist or get over regulated :
    Bow fishing...
    Dog driving...
    crop manipulation for doves...
    set hooks...
    set lines...
    limits...
    creel sizes..
    mallard release... lol
    night hunting for coyotes and hogs...
    fox hunting in pens...
    coon hunting at night...
    no wake zones...
    GA isn’t set by politicians yet they are way less regulated on every front except dog hunting.

Oh and for the record I’ll take a liberal biologist over a back stabbing turn coat piece of shit..... just saying
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Strickland, you should have taken up research biology as a profession..... I reckon.
    Or write opinions for the State...
    Rhodes, Yeah, I did actually, you know that by now. BTW, Alvin Taylor made that clear with your boy and his few groupies. That was a chuckle indeed and showed a loosing deck dealt by a weak wrist. I mean man up already. Jeez.

At any rate, making 25k a year in research then 32k a year as a Game Warden didn't sit well with me not to mention the bureaucracies protocols.

I thought you were Sammy's goto boy at the State for Long Leaf restoration and its known curing propensities for curing global warming, saving turkeys, polar bears, cockaded wood peckers, quail and most importantly land owner debts ? I certainly wouldn't want to step on your entitlement status, that would be rude of me.

One day we really do need to meet in person. I have put that out there to you several times but alas the keyboard remains your style instead. All good if you continue that path by me.
    Last edited by Strick9; 06-09-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Rhodes, Yeah, I did actually, you know that by now. BTW, Alvin Taylor made that clear with your boy and several others that rushed to his side. That was a chuckle indeed. Girls. At any rate, making 25k a year in research then 32k a year as a Game Warden didn't sit well with me not to mention the bureaucracies protocols.

I thought you were Sammies goto boy at the State for Long Leaf curing global warming, saving turkeys and polar bears ? I certainly wouldn't want to step on your entitlement ya know sunshine.
    I actually know nothing of your background expect you wore greenjeans at some point.
    So, I assume you're a CWB?
    Who is "my boy" that Alvin corrected and who da hell is Sammie.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I am not going to call names.

I see they asked retired biologists their opinion. Try asking them why the current biologists can't get their crops in. Why can't the follow their own managements goals? Why can't they repair dikes in a reasonable time?

Talk to some old school retired biologists. They will tell you how the new generation of biologist think and work. They lean toward conservation and environmentalism instead of consumptive management. They cater to bird watchers not hunters. Natural vegetation instead of crop manipulation. Getting off at 4:30 rather than finishing planting before the storm hits. Too many technicians are just working a job. They don't stay. Liberal professors are on the rise in these fields. It permeates the agencies insideously.

These are bigger concerns. You can get rid of a politician!
    I am surprised to hear you speak this Phillip. It certainly shows to a very truthful problem across not just our state but wildlife management in general. Several of the long tenured biologist in many states , to include directors of wildlife agencies and even members of SEAFWA strongly agree with this change of direction, as do I.

It would surprise many on here to hear these folks, some of them still employed (and not liked) say that exact thing and how they are hamstrung in not only their recommendations but also their own careers.

One of our states top biologist put it to me as " the change from Hook and Bullett to Warm and Fuzzy management protocols". That rings clear as a bell when you dig into the matter.
    Last edited by Strick9; 06-09-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I actually know nothing of your background expect you wore greenjeans at some point.
    So, I assume you're a CWB?
    Who is "my boy" that Alvin corrected and who da hell is Sammie.....
    Lets just set up a time to meet, I travel all over the state, so it shouldn't be difficult to find a time that suits your schedule. I will be happy to answer those questions in person. You have my number. Let me know, this butting heads thing needs to end between guys like you and I.
    Last edited by Strick9; 06-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Not trying to butt heads with you David, just curious?
    You brought up your past and and I was just trying to gain some insight hoping you'd elaborate on your past research etc.
    Would love to read any studies you authored or co-authored during that time.....
    But, it's not that important and certainly not worth trying to set up a passionate meeting!

BS Scotty, You do nothing but poke, goad and attempt cute sarcasm. Further, your sensitive personality went full on woman hysterical when you thought I had deleted you from CWS, going as far to come on here crying out for groupie support, all the while I hadn't deleted you, someone who didn't like you did and more hillarious, I was already working on something behind the scenes with a senator to fix the very issue you were so wigged about. LOL

But for the record , I expected no less than that last response from you.

So everyone else whose reading knows where this line of questioning originated as to my past experience, quite simply it came from calling a spade a spade, hurting feelings with hard truths and from stepping on toes that needed said pressure. The old statement a hit dog hollers certainly applies.

The slander was birthed from our illustrious Turkey guy Jay Cantrell. He came on CWS late at night and seemingly not so out of character publicly stated that I was lying to people for having said I was a past biologist for the SCNDR and USFS. He was squelched from the top down rather abruptly, imagine that.

You have my number, you have my messenger on FB and instead of reaching out to me like a man you hoped to somehow discredit me publicly. Sorry bud I was raised a slight bit different and won't abide by such. I have treated you with a mans respect from the get go, I have not received that same courtesy. You have certainly lost that with this last line of sarcasm.

For the record and simply because I had the time as you seem so keenly interested to discredit the below should help :

Biologist : "noun" 1. A biologist is a scientist who focuses on living organisms, including plants and animals. ... Biologists study a wide variety of life forms, from single-celled organisms to primates, and conduct research in many different areas, from the spreading of pathogens to the details of evolution.
    2. an expert in or student of the branch of science concerning living organisms.

For anyone who so desires to know further, here in lies a rough timeline of my work with both the USFS and SCDNR. Titles have varied over the years by the issuing department , most are either wildlife tech or wildlife biologist. I served with both titles at various times with both agencies. Today even marine fisheries research falls under wildlife biologist instead of marine biologist, bureaucracy matters.

@ 88-93 USFS wildlife tech and biologist

Projects worked with research papers that you can find easily by the person noted, not me, please do however reach out to them, they are very easy to find.

1. Redcockaded nest site selection and small mammalian competition Savannah River Site under PHD Susan Loeb

2. Prescribed fire effects upon steep slope components in the Pisgah National Forest under PHD Pete Robichaud

3. Nutrient/ Mineral loss to run off vs prescribed fire intensity also under PHD Pete Robichaud
    A. biodiversity counts of plant and insect vs prescribed fire intensity

4. Pine vs hardwood regeneration rates after various intensity prescribed fire under PHD Thomas Waldrop.

SCNDR @ 98-2002 employment title as wildlife tech and biologist, projects worked of which you can find research under the PHD name.

1. Phiessteria Piscicida as concerned with SC saltwater inlets and inland lakes under PHD Fred Holland

2. Sturgeon sampling , movement and recruitment in the ACE basin under PHD Don Hammond & PHD Fred Holland

3. Waterfowl work under Tommy Strange, Bill Mace and a little under Bob Perry tutelage as well.

#3 was ongoing and volunteer in my off time with no pay ( after being recruited as a SCDNR warden ) Upon hire immediately transferred to Horry county under LT Scott Powell and CPt Johnny McClellan, Major Ward and Director Alvin Taylor. Later transferred to Charleston counties under same leadership. Over the course of 3.5 years worked in offshore fisheries, hunting, wild game enforcement, Joint Project agreement with NOAA, drug smuggling and interdiction, body recovery and other various curious. . Got out and into the private sector in either 02 or 3, I really can't recall.

Feel free to fact check with any of those folks, I still speak regularly with the majority of them but you might not believe who they are either lulz.

I do have a curiosity as well if you would be so kind to offer introspect, what does it feel like to poke and goad but then feel fear when called to meet in person? And is deflection with the old SC Ducks passion statement all you have, why not just say no man, I don't like you and don't want to meet you but I am going to keep goading you until we do ok ?

Good stuff Scotty , quite par actually.

Next?
    Last edited by Strick9; 06-09-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    BS Scotty, You do nothing but poke, goad and attempt cute sarcasm. Further, your sensitive personality went full on woman hysterical when you thought I had deleted you from CWS, going as far to come on here crying out for groupie support, all the while I hadn't deleted you, someone who didn't like you did and more hillarious, I was already working on something behind the scenes with a senator to fix the very issue you were so wigged about. LOL

But for the record , I expected no less than that last response from you.

So everyone else knows where this line of questioning as to my past experience comes from, it came from stepping on toes that needed said pressure. The old statement a hit dog hollers comes to mind.

The slander was birthed from our illustrious Turkey guy. Jay Cantrell came on CWS late at night and seemingly not so out of character publicly stated that I was lying to people for having said I was a past biologist for the SCNDR and USFS. He was squelched from the top down rather abruptly, imagine that.. So Scotty, I can truthfully say, I have treated you with respect, however you can not say the same.

You have my number, you have my messenger on FB and instead of reaching out to me like a man you hoped to somehow discredit me publicly. Sorry bud I was raised a slight bit different and won't abide by such.

For the record and simply because I had the time as you seem so keenly interested to discredit :

Biologist "noun" 1. A biologist is a scientist who focuses on living organisms, including plants and animals. ... Biologists study a wide variety of life forms, from single-celled organisms to primates, and conduct research in many different areas, from the spreading of pathogens to the details of evolution.
    2. an expert in or student of the branch of science concerning living organisms.

For anyone who so desires to know further, here in lies a rough timeline of my work with both the USFS and SCDNR. Titles have varied over the years by the issuing department , most are either wildlife tech or wildlife biologist. I served with both titles at various times with both agencies. Today even marine fisheries research falls under wildlife biologist instead of marine biologist, bureaucracy matters.

@ 88-93 USFS wildlife tech and biologist

Projects worked with research papers that you can find easily by the person noted, not me, please do however reach out to them, they are very easy to find.

1. Redcockaded nest site selection and small mammalian competition Savannah River Site under PHD Susan Loeb

2. Prescribed fire effects upon steep slope components in the Pisgah National Forest under PHD Pete Robichaud

3. Nutrient/ Mineral loss to run off vs prescribed fire intensity also under PHD Pete Robichaud
    A. biodiversity counts of plant and insect vs prescribed fire intensity

4. Pine vs hardwood regeneration rates after various intensity prescribed fire under PHD Thomas Waldrop.

SCNDR @ 98-2002 employment title as wildlife tech and biologist, projects worked of which you can find research under the PHD name.

1. Phiessteria Piscicida as concerned with SC saltwater inlets and inland lakes under PHD Fred Holland

2. Sturgeon sampling , movement and recruitment in the ACE basin under PHD Don Hammond & PHD Fred Holland

3. Waterfowl work under Tommy Strange, Bill Mace and a little under Bob Perry tutelage as well.

#3 was ongoing and volunteer in my off time with no pay ( after being recruited as a SCDNR warden ) Upon hire immediately transferred to Horry county under LT Scott Powell and CPt Johnny McClellan, Major Ward and Director Alvin Taylor. Later transferred to Charleston counties under same leadership. Over the course of 3.5 years worked in offshore fisheries, hunting, wild game enforcement, Joint Project agreement with NOAA, drug smuggling and interdiction, body recovery and other various curious. . Got out and into the private sector in either 02 or 3, I really can't recall.

Feel free to fact check with any of those folks, I still speak regularly with the majority of them but you might not believe who they are either lulz.

I do have a curiosity as well if you would be so kind to offer introspect, what does it feel like to poke and goad but then feel fear when called to meet in person? And is deflection with the old SC Ducks passion statement all you have, why not just say no man, I don't like you and don't want to meet you but I am going to keep goading you until we do ok ?

Good stuff Scotty , quite par actually.

Next?

David, whatever your history is, "is what it is" and I have no desire to discredit what you may have accomplished in life.
    It looks like you've had a rather broad dose of field work throughout the SE.
    You could have provided your bio without all the drama but hey, all good bud....
    I understand some of the "challenges" you have taken on with CWS and have commended you in the past for that pursuit.
    However, yourself and pals are so far in left field from my point of view, my work, and the needs, desires, and goals of so many landowners, nothing good will come of us setting up some kind of cryptic meeting to talk about whatever you want to tell me in person!
    Aside from a conversation or two I don't know you and can't pass judgement upon you as a person.
    Fear of meeting someone? No, if we ever cross paths (I'm sure we will at some point) I'll look you straight in the eye, shake your hand, and tell you the pleasure is all mine!

I agree we will meet, this world is small indeed.
    Genesis 9;2

Everyone of these threads only helps to further my resolve that game management doesn't need to be part of the political process. Look at how we fight on a damn hunting forum. Not to mention the majority of constituents that don't hunt.

And I doubt there is anyone on this board that has spent more time fighting for a cause they believe in and working to enact change than Stick9. I wouldn't give a fuck if he didn't graduate high school. I respect his commitement to something he believes in. And I support him.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Everyone of these threads only helps to further my resolve that game management doesn't need to be part of the political process. Look at how we fight on a damn hunting forum. Not to mention the majority of constituents that don't hunt.

And I doubt there is anyone on this board that has spent more time fighting for a cause they believe in and working to enact change than Stick9. I wouldn't give a fuck if he didn't graduate high school. I respect his commitement to something he believes in. And I support him.
    Well said
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I don't know I work pretty hard on a lot of silly s*** that I believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I don't know I work pretty hard on a lot of silly s*** that I believe in.
    AND that is all that matters. Think about it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"