Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box stand blue prints

Default Box stand blue prints

Does anybody have good blue prints for box stands.

I'm no carpenter by any means but can follow some directions. haha

Thanks,

T
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Damn, where you been hiding. I may know of a boy that would sell one that all it needs is legs and sides. I can find out, unless you're hell bent on building one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I can get you some monday. I'm not gonna be near any of ours, but my 2 carpenters formed a brain trust and be damn if they didn't come up with a fairly nice design!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Would like to see one too!

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Damn, where you been hiding. I may know of a boy that would sell one that all it needs is legs and sides. I can find out, unless you're hell bent on building one.
    Dad life and slinging boats. Economy is stupid right now. Hope all is well. And shit no I'm not hell bent on building one. Would much rather buy a few take downs that need work.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I can get you some monday. I'm not gonna be near any of ours, but my 2 carpenters formed a brain trust and be damn if they didn't come up with a fairly nice design!
    That would be great! Id appreciate it.

The general foot print is 4x8. They came up with the best use of building materials as it comes.

4x8 is nice too. We have 2 office chairs in each one.

There is enough room 2 grown men and a kid can sit in each one and move around with ease.

They have enough head room you can stand up in them and stretch, or not bump your head while getting situated.

You can slide in very easily even if deer are out in the food plot already.

They are basically self contained so you can sit them on 4 telephone poles up at 24' or yo can set them at 13' which is where the bulk of the last ones we have set are. That is high enough, so we have discovered.

When we originally built them we put plexi glass windows in them with pull strings so you could pull up the glass with one hand.

Eventually we did away with the plexi glass. It just ran up the over all bill and served very little to the over all function of the stand!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

That what I'm looking for. My little girl has got to where she loves going. And of course she gets a nap in EVERYTIME so I want something with some size and comfort.

30930AA2-1940-4D2B-B3FF-0C9A505A9797.jpg

My 13 yr and I framed one of these in about six hours. Carpentry is not my strong point, but this was simple.

Do yourself and favor and buy a set of “elevator” brackets to secure the legs to the stand. About $80 but 4x4 legs slide right in and the brackets easily attach to your base. Buy a few 2x4’s to brace them and you are good to go.

To echo from above, 4x8 is a standard size sheet of plywood flooring and is very roomy for 2 adults in office chairs. 4x4 is adequate for a one man stand. Put door on back so you can slide in and out of the stand without blowing out the whole field. We build our wall frames with 2x2’s that we screw together. Buy good quality treated lumber and paint any plywood you use. I’ll send you a pic if I can fine one.

Elevator brackets for sure
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good lord don't buy that pansy ass shit. Build your stands with no blueprints and cold beer.

But then you could not call it a TROPHY deer stand. It would be just a deer stand. Our stand is a house, with a window cracked bout 1". We kill deer
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Crap I forgot all about this.

I'll get some dimensions in a few hours.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I found some good ones online for 6x6.

Tee, I asked my buddy about his. He would sell it but he wants what he has in it and that price is outrageous. Its not very big either.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Tee, I asked my buddy about his. He would sell it but he wants what he has in it and that price is outrageous. Its not very big either.
    Treated lumber ain’t cheap these days

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Treated lumber ain’t cheap these days
    Surely just the frame of a 4x5x6 box isnt 350 bucks worth of lumber.

6x6 is a waste of material
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    6x6 is a waste of material
    That is why we went with 4x8.

Depends on what lumber they used, but I could see 350$.

Treated Plywood is not cheap.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    That is why we went with 4x8.

Depends on what lumber they used, but I could see 350$.

Treated Plywood is not cheap.
    There is no plywood. It is only the frame, no sides, floor, anything. I thought it was a bit high but then again I don't buy lumber often.