Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to go fishing for hookers and blow?

Default Who wants to go fishing for hookers and blow?

https://www.wistv.com/2019/06/03/dee...rleston-coast/

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Two Lowcountry recreational fishermen ended their fishing trip late Sunday afternoon with an unexpected catch.

The cocaine, estimated to be worth between $750,000 and $1 million, was found floating approximately 70 miles southeast of Charleston.
    The cocaine, estimated to be worth between $750,000 and $1 million, was found floating approximately 70 miles southeast of Charleston. (Source: Live 5)
    They pulled in a package floating in the water that appeared to be wrapped in black plastic and was later found what police officers said was presumed cocaine.

The fishermen, whom we are not identifying, were approximately offshore approximately 70 miles southeast of Charleston when they spotted debris floating and a school of Mahi-mahi jumping around it.

“We trolled past it,” one of the fishermen said. “Every time time we passed it we caught a fish.”

After approximately three hours of fishing, the duo decided to see what the debris was and pulled it aboard their boat. When they looked inside the package, they immediately notified the Coast Guard, which immediately coordinated a response.

North Charleston Police officers met them at an area marina and examined the contents of the package, estimating it to be between 30 and 50 kilos of cocaine.

Coast Guard Lt. j.g. Phillip VanderWeit said the amount of cocaine found could carry a street value of between $750,000 and $1 million.

North Charleston Police officers examine a brick of presumed cocaine found by two Lowcountry recreational fishermen.
    North Charleston Police officers examine a brick of presumed cocaine found by two Lowcountry recreational fishermen. (Source: Live 5)
    “It definitely doesn’t happen off the Charleston coast every day,” VanderWeit said. “It’s a bit more common further south, whether in the Caribbean or the south Pacific.”

The Coast Guard has partnered with Customs and Border Protection, the Drug Enforcement Agency and local authorities, he said.

“They absolutely did the right thing in notifying the Coast Guard,” VanderWeit said.

The investigation will attempt to determine the source of the drugs, he said.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 06-03-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Wonder how well packed the package was?

May have some fish that test positive for coke!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Square groupers
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Expensive chumming

Bet those dolphin put on a show.

Would you have called the Coast Guard if it were 10 million in cash?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Nope and I doubt I would have called them had I been these guys.

They're better men than me! I bet those mahi were doing some serious tail dancing out there
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 06-03-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

I'd have left it floating and kept fishing. That's a good way to get kilt......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I'd have left it floating and kept fishing. That's a good way to get kilt......
    I’m with you. I want no part of all that. Would have made a couple passes, and left that junk floating where it was.

You mean that you don't think the Cartels play by finders keepers rules?

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    I’d turn in the $5 million I found after I got back to shore.
    Ha, you're more generous than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I'd have left it floating and kept fishing. That's a good way to get kilt....or worse.
    FIFY
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

The packing process that the cartel uses is pretty dang amazing!! It's all we can do to cut into a kilo to test it. It's wrapped in plastic, then hard rubber, and finally cardboard with more plastic wrap over the top. Very seldom do we get any that have water intrusion and most of what we pick up has been jettisoned into the water with several hours to a day or so of soaking time.

Personally I'd rather find cash floating than cocaine. It would be very hard to move the cocaine for the average person even if you feel you have connections in the drug world. The stuff that's being shipped in is 100% pure and can't be handled by your local county hook up. You'd have to know some serious people in order to cut it and make is suitable for personal use. Chances are you'd be found in a back alley filled with holes the minute anyone with the capabilities found out what you had. Probably the reason you don't see a bunch of Coasties driving around in Ferraris and owning 50' Hatteras Sportfishing boats! LOL
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I saw a YT sailing video the other day where a guy dropped the hook behind an island, flew his drone up only to see about 750 kilos laid out on a beach on the other side. They had tent warehouses set up and I guess they were airing them out in the sun. Freaky as shit...

Rookies
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Surprised he lived long enough to post that video.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?