Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Search

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Ford has the interior! That being said I’m against the start stop bullshit and krt has scared me off of an eco boost.

That being said I’ve also owned an 06,15,16,18 tundra. Great trucks, just boring when compared to other brand offerings. I mange to put 25-30k a year on my trucks so I get bored easier than most. I freaking hated the TSS crap on the 18 tundra and my wife’s current 18 sequoia.

Trd pro is one of those you most likely will pay a premium for. Earlier ones were just sr5 with nicer suspension that was way over priced. Seems the latest ones are coming with leather. You can get a platinum or 1794, and add aftermarket coil overs and come out about the same price in the end. For some reason the jbl stereo sucks if you care about that sort of thing.

Rumors are buzzing about some turbo offering that they currently run in a Lexus. I’d be hesitant on that one. They replaced the Tacoma 4.0 with some 3.5 out of a car and it is gutless unless you like high rpm sounds. Throw a set of 285’s on a new Tacoma and say good bye to 6th gear.
    Good stuff. I like the Platinum, but I've yet to see a 1794 on the lot that I liked.

I guess we're stuck in a Toyota rut. I've had two Tundras for a combined total of almost 19 years. The missus had a Tacoma since 2005 that she traded in last year on a 2018 Xp 4runner.

I don't know anything about any other trucks (other than that POS Dodge), so I figured I'd explore possibilities. Looks like it just keeps coming back to a Tundra.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Is it Bad Ass?
    Back seats have never ever been folded down or sat on. And has the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty till Nov 2020
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 06-06-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

A buddy of mine bought one, it blew up with four thousand miles on it. I can't remember if they fixed it or got him a new one, but he drove a loaner for three months.

That was for wdhigh
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-06-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Good stuff. I like the Platinum, but I've yet to see a 1794 on the lot that I liked.

I guess we're stuck in a Toyota rut. I've had two Tundras for a combined total of almost 19 years. The missus had a Tacoma since 2005 that she traded in last year on a 2018 Xp 4runner.

I don't know anything about any other trucks (other than that POS Dodge), so I figured I'd explore possibilities. Looks like it just keeps coming back to a Tundra.

I had them find me a 1794 with the trd off road pkg. I for some reason don’t like the 20”s on the 1794/platinum. Now the 20”s on the limited are a different story, I was cruising CL daily for a set of take offs when I still had my tundra.

They're all built in Texas so I can sleep at night.

Also the current tundra has a nasty blind spot driver side a-pillar/mirror and also when turned around looking out the back if trying to pull out left on a high way with divided median. Just my personal experience. They are a lot bigger than the 06 body.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Also the current tundra has a nasty blind spot driver side a-pillar/mirror and also when turned around looking out the back if trying to pull out left on a high way with divided median. Just my personal experience. They are a lot bigger than the 06 body.
    That's the biggest reason I've put off getting a new Tundra, and why I was wondering about the F-150s. The F-150s seem to be closer in size.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I just can't do invaders. I won't sell property to a Yankee and won't even touch a $50 bill, but I am going to support Japan? Nope. No matter how much taxpayer money Texans are forced to pay to keep them there...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I just can't do invaders. I won't sell property to a Yankee and won't even touch a $50 bill, but I am going to support Japan? Nope. No matter how much taxpayer money Texans are forced to pay to keep them there...

Word

I Drive a GMC and am happy. Rides like a car and looks way the fuck better than a Toyota. Impressive fuel mileage too for a 4x4.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 06-06-2019 at 12:54 PM.

I've had Dodge trucks since 2003. I usually run them up to 150k miles then move to a new one. My 2012 had an engine problem about 85k miles that was covered under warranty. None of the others had any issues, just maintenance items.

My buddy has had Toyota's for 20 years. His current Tundra has had issues. The latest was a bad fuel pump that cost $1,500 to replace. And had to wait for parts to come in. He was told that had 34 fuel pumps on backorder. Sounds like that may be an issue across the board.

I've driven his Toyota and just don't care for it. And the interior is just not very well laid out.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Ford if I were in the market. I've driven Chevys and didn't like them either. They do have great suspension though.

I have two Chevys in my parking lot right now that have been worked between torque converters and air conditioners, I know of seven others also. All right out of warranty, I'm not buying a damn thing from them until they stand behind their product or can make something that doesn't break for at least a while.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-06-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Recently had Adv tire in Mauldin install some Bilstein 5100 shocks. Rides like new.

2013 119k miles.

Oh, and,

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I've had Dodge trucks since 2003. I usually run them up to 150k miles then move to a new one. My 2012 had an engine problem about 85k miles that was covered under warranty. None of the others had any issues, just maintenance items.

My buddy has had Toyota's for 20 years. His current Tundra has had issues. The latest was a bad fuel pump that cost $1,500 to replace. And had to wait for parts to come in. He was told that had 34 fuel pumps on backorder. Sounds like that may be an issue across the board.

I've driven his Toyota and just don't care for it. And the interior is just not very well laid out.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Ford if I were in the market. I've driven Chevys and didn't like them either. They do have great suspension though.
    Some folks are happy with their Dodge. They're just not for me. I'm still not sure the new Tundras are for me, either, but they're the top pick so far.

I'm not sure of the Fords. Like the looks, scared of the eco-boost.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

You ride atv/utv or ever go in an outboard powered boat?

So don't get an eco boost. I have the 5.0 in my 2013 and motor-wise it's great and hauls some serious ass. 13-14 in town, 18-19 on the hwy. That's leveled with 34s. Had a bunch of electrical issues in the beginning but all of that was covered under warranty. Almost made swear off fords altogether. No issues the last few years and if it stays that way I'll likely go with them or GMC. Not big on "invader brands" and I hear you get a free pair of white framed oakleys when you buy a Dodge, so...
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-06-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Ford or Yota will be the next thing I get in. I learned my lesson with the shit hole GM products. And just hell no to the Chrysler products, they are consistently on the worst buy list and every person i know that owns something of theirs constantly has problems.

Edit: My GM product failures were probably caused by my great grandfathers (on my dads side) ghosts screwing with me. They would have disowned me had they still been alive when I bought one. Ford was the only vehicle made according to them. I would not be scared to get in a 5.0 at all right now and I haven't had issues with my current vehicle, which is a tundra.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 06-06-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Have they straightened out the valve problems in those 5.0s?

Thank You. I love my GMC and my wife likes it better than any car she has had and that includes a 335I BMW. Ride is better than her Buick she has now.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Cost to own is my biggest concern. Ram wins every-friggin-time.
    cut\'em