Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
Ford has the interior! That being said I’m against the start stop bullshit and krt has scared me off of an eco boost.

That being said I’ve also owned an 06,15,16,18 tundra. Great trucks, just boring when compared to other brand offerings. I mange to put 25-30k a year on my trucks so I get bored easier than most. I freaking hated the TSS crap on the 18 tundra and my wife’s current 18 sequoia.

Trd pro is one of those you most likely will pay a premium for. Earlier ones were just sr5 with nicer suspension that was way over priced. Seems the latest ones are coming with leather. You can get a platinum or 1794, and add aftermarket coil overs and come out about the same price in the end. For some reason the jbl stereo sucks if you care about that sort of thing.

Rumors are buzzing about some turbo offering that they currently run in a Lexus. I’d be hesitant on that one. They replaced the Tacoma 4.0 with some 3.5 out of a car and it is gutless unless you like high rpm sounds. Throw a set of 285’s on a new Tacoma and say good bye to 6th gear.
Good stuff. I like the Platinum, but I've yet to see a 1794 on the lot that I liked.

I guess we're stuck in a Toyota rut. I've had two Tundras for a combined total of almost 19 years. The missus had a Tacoma since 2005 that she traded in last year on a 2018 Xp 4runner.

I don't know anything about any other trucks (other than that POS Dodge), so I figured I'd explore possibilities. Looks like it just keeps coming back to a Tundra.