Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Search

Default Truck Search

I've driven a Toyota Tundra for almost half my life. I had an '00 that I traded for an '06. I'm still driving the '06. I'm starting to get the itch for something newer.

I'm thinking another Tundra, maybe a TRD Pro or something similar. I like the looks of the current F-150s, especially the King Ranch.

Any thoughts on F-150 vs Tundra? Anyone had/driven both?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

If I were in the market for a half ton pickup, there is no way in hell I'd even consider anything that wasn't a Tundra.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    If I were in the market for a half ton pickup, there is no way in hell I'd even consider anything that wasn't a Tundra.....
    That's my initial thought. If there's something better out there, I'm open to opinions.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Tesla

I did a search. I bought a Tundra. The first Toyota I've owned since my first one I got in '91.

What kind of MPG do the new Tundras get? I’m going to be in the market for a new daily driver half ton as well.

I’ve been driving a loaner truck for the last five weeks and I’m rather impressed with the fuel economy.

2019 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive with the 5.3 and 3.23 rear end. Solid 18.5 around town and 21.5 mostly highway. That all done by hand at the pump.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 06-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.

I wasn't buying a Ford or Chevy 1/2 after seeing problems. I think the only pros for those two are fuel mileage and ride. I'm used to driving a truck, and I'm not a woman so the "ride" that people mention doesn't bother me.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-06-2019 at 11:34 AM.

I'm like maybe 12 to 13 city, 16 to 17 highway in the 5.7.

I get that in my 2015 and its 4 X4 and a 3.42 rear axle Fixin to go back on the market 33,000/miles if you interested
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I get that in my 2015 and its 4 X4 and a 3.42 rear axle Fixin to go back on the market 33,000/miles if you interested
    Is it Bad Ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I wasn't buying a Ford or Chevy 1/2 after seeing problems. I think the only pros for those two are fuel mileage and ride. I'm used to driving a truck, and I'm not a woman so the "ride" that people mention doesn't bother me.
    were the problems for the ford in the 5.0 or just the ecoboost motors? i'm looking at upgrading from a gmc and am looking hard at the 5.0 f150's
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I love my 2017 Laramie ram. My dads 2019 Laramie is even nicer. Resale on the rams isn’t as high, but they cost much less than the competitors. If you are going to keep it for a long time it’s hard to beat the ram. I know fords have been having lots of trouble with the ecoboost.

My buddy has a tundra and he likes my truck better than his 2017. They both seem similar in power and capability

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post

My buddy has a tundra and he likes my truck better than his 2017.
    Your buddy likes to make you feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I drove an 18 f150 and now drive a 19 Tundra. Had some issues with the 150 and just felt it was made cheap for the price. I love the tundra and would have a hard time buying anything other than a Toyota for a 1/2 ton
    For the ducks

Was he high when he rode with you?

no, but he was when he left....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    I love my 2017 Laramie ram. My dads 2019 Laramie is even nicer. Resale on the rams isn’t as high, but they cost much less than the competitors. If you are going to keep it for a long time it’s hard to beat the ram. I know fords have been having lots of trouble with the ecoboost.

My buddy has a tundra and he likes my truck better than his 2017. They both seem similar in power and capability
    My wife's work truck is a '14 or '15 Dodge 1500. The number of problems she's had with it have ruined any chance of me owning a Dodge.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Believe the Toyota is getting a new style in 2020 or 21.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ford has the interior! That being said I’m against the start stop bullshit and krt has scared me off of an eco boost.

That being said I’ve also owned an 06,15,16,18 tundra. Great trucks, just boring when compared to other brand offerings. I manage to put 25-30k a year on my trucks so I get bored easier than most. I freaking hated the TSS crap on the 18 tundra and my wife’s current 18 sequoia.

Trd pro is one of those you most likely will pay a premium for. Earlier ones were just sr5 with nicer suspension that was way over priced. Seems the latest ones are coming with leather. You can get a platinum or 1794, and add aftermarket coil overs and come out about the same price in the end. For some reason the jbl stereo sucks if you care about that sort of thing.

Rumors are buzzing about some turbo offering that they currently run in a Lexus. I’d be hesitant on that one. They replaced the Tacoma 4.0 with some 3.5 out of a car and it is gutless unless you like high rpm sounds. Throw a set of 285’s on a new Tacoma and say good bye to 6th gear.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 06-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.

I’m kinda hoping someone will buy the f150 with the 3.0 powerstroke and give an honest review. I’ve seen some videos of them deleted and tuned and they look fun.