Thread: Redneck Engineering

Default Redneck Engineering

The Wildlife Services division of our company has grown the last few years. By the end of last year we were way past the point where a Polaris and/or atv with a sprayer and spreader could do the job. The spreader was too small and boomless nozzle sprayers are not great (the high arc ones with 2gpm pumps).

Here is the scenario. All of our equipment must be mobile. No 10’ harrows. No 4 row planters. Etc. Everything must load on a trailer and get hauled. For what we do, it is about getting the equipment to different sites and then planting ¼ to 2 acre food plots. We do a few dove fields but they max out at around 10 acres.

Solution #1 was to buy a 3 point sprayer and put it on our smaller tractor. Problem there is we would need another flatbed and diesel.

Solution #2 was to get a UTV unit with a bigger sprayer. Problem there is we need another $12,000 polaris, another trailer, and the sprayer unit would be running on a utv battery. Also, you have to have a tow vehicle.

Final solution: Meet the Green machine.
    2000 Toyota Tacoma manual transmission. Two hard wired relay switches in the cab on 10 gauge wire. One to the front and one to the back. In the back is a 65 gallon sprayer with a 3.8 gpm 12 v pump. Auxiliary tank (not in photo) holds another 65 gallons if you want to haul that much weight (and it will).

In the picture is the three nozzle boomless system, but we got a 7 nozzle breakaway boom too that slides in place. 4WD low puts out a steady 20 gallons per acre.

Spreader fits on the front or the back Reese hitch.

Fill it up. Drive to the job. Flip on the sprayer, drive through the plot in the AC, drive home. All this for less that the price of a new UTV.

The width is the same as our John deer planter. Ground clearance is good and it will get better when I get the next set of tires.

20190604_152411.jpg
    20190604_152424.jpg
    IMG951796.jpg

Do it Son!

I can't believe somebody did not use my old ford like that. Great idea.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Tell me again what the cord to the front of the truck is for? Oh and a yota cant be beat
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

That's awesome.

I run that same sprayer in my ranger.

That spreader can run off the front. It slides into the receiver hitch. The spreader is built so the switch turns on the motor and drips a gate. That way you dont lose seed when you turn the motor off. The seitchnis by the steering wheel.

That's awesome. I'm sure you've already done it, but tighten up that cable in the front before it snags something.

Some how or another I thought this was gonna be a answer to Beanhunters prayers for his neighbors!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Love it

It's almost like you have an engineering degree
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

How much to just come spray water on my field.

Asking for me.

Cuz I need rain.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I can't believe somebody did not use my old ford like that.
    Not a chance. The guys would have to get tetanus shots before getting in or near it. Maybe even a Hep A shot. You should drop that POS off at the landfill.

I really like this.

Default I thought this is what this thread was about

Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    That spreader can run off the front. It slides into the receiver hitch. The spreader is built so the switch turns on the motor and drips a gate. That way you dont lose seed when you turn the motor off. The seitchnis by the steering wheel.
    Crap i was so keyed in on the cord I missed the receiver in the pic
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

BADASS JENKS!