Thread: 2017 F-150 FX2 Ecoboos

Default 2017 F-150 FX2 Ecoboos

This is for KRT or anyone else with any knowledge about these engines...

My brother-in-law has a 2017 Ecoboost that is blowing white smoke upon startup. It does this for about 30-45 seconds, and then stops. It is still under warranty, and he took it to the dealership, where they naturally said they didnt know what was causing this. Has anyone heard of it? They say that it is not burning oil, and that all of their other diagnostics came back negative.
    Just curious to see if anyone else has seen anything similar or heard of it.

Head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan413 View Post
    . It does this for about 30-45 seconds, and then stops. It is still under warranty, and he took it to the dealership, where they naturally said they didnt know what was causing this. .
    I would nicely tell them that its "their fucking job to figure it out."
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

If it’s thin white smoke it’s just condensation burning off. My 2014 3.5 has done it since new.

ETA: there are a billion forum hits online referring to the “white smoke exhaust on cold startup” if he wants to read up on it further
    Last edited by wiz18; 06-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Condensation in inter cooler??? Paging krt

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

My 2013 3.5 does the same thing on cold starts. Everytime...

It lasts for a few seconds and then quits. It's normal.

Tell them to reflash the PCM with the latest calibration and replace the crankcase vent oil separator.

Then if it were me I’d put a catch can on any ecoboost.

Turbo will be along shortly to argue my catch can theory.
    More fuel = more boost!!

All that oil is puddling up on those intake valves. Eventually it will lose fuel economy, idle rough, etc. then a good ole walnut blast will be in your future.

Let it idle for 10 minutes, then rev it up hard and see if smoke comes out the tail pile. If it does you can then “duplicate” it to your dealer. I’m being told this is not covered under powertrain after 36k miles.

Here are some gunked up intake valves

Walnut blasted, sucked out, and cleaned

More fuel = more boost!!

My 2012 eco whould have a “ fish bit” during high speeds . I took the MAC s off and cleaned them and that stopped the “ fish bit during high speeds. Also my turbo on the passager side is starting to squeak. Probably needs repacing