Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tesla Pickup $49K

Cab off Tesla Tuesday
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

He probably just has to hit control-alt-delete..

That new Tesla truck just looks like a futuristic el camino.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Yet, the Honda Ridgeline is still in production...
    Mmm, that’s not a truck. Since when is a truck Front wheel drive? Never

So their new supercharger has a rate of 1000 miles/he but the longest range they have thus far is 500 miles so do the math. They are getting close to being competitive.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Just to put a point on this, Tesla has stated that their long haul trucks will be able to go 300 or 500, you choose. Then it will recharge to 80% within thirty minutes. That thirty minutes and range relates directly to the legal limit that a truck driver is SUPPOSED to drive without break. I imagine that anything that Tesla put out would match the Rivian. If the Tesla range is 300 miles that is from here to Jacksonville FL and then you stop have a sandwich and you have another 240 miles put back in your tank. Since we crave torque in our trucks, I believe that trucks are the perfect platform for electrics. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Just to put a point on this, Tesla has stated that their long haul trucks will be able to go 300 or 500, you choose. Then it will recharge to 80% within thirty minutes. That thirty minutes and range relates directly to the legal limit that a truck driver is SUPPOSED to drive without break. I imagine that anything that Tesla put out would match the Rivian. If the Tesla range is 300 miles that is from here to Jacksonville FL and then you stop have a sandwich and you have another 240 miles put back in your tank. Since we crave torque in our trucks, I believe that trucks are the perfect platform for electrics. MG
    This makes me think about the power demands of an electric truck stop. Any electrical engineers around?

The present passenger car Supercharging bays are 480V and deliver up to 300 amps for 140 kW. 30 minutes on one of these can give about 170 miles of range.

How does this scale up for the power demands of a semi truck? Say 3 or 4 times that of a car? What is the station's power draw for 20 trucks charging simultaneously?
    Last edited by Beauregard; 06-20-2019 at 01:50 PM.

All of that s*** just sounds dangerous.

How many battery operated weed eaters can you get in the bed? Asking for Rodney.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    in his zip code, because that's Florence isn't it. That can't be that hard.
    Easy now
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Maybe Marion..could of broke out of Jimmy Carter's when they shut down.

My dog box won’t fit and it looks gay. I’ll keep on dicking up the atmosphere like a true American.