Thread: Anybody own one of these? What Natural gear works best for SC weather?

Default Anybody own one of these? What Natural gear works best for SC weather?

Last edited by kayakkillshots; 06-01-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

I got one. It’s basically a frog togg

Just a heads up, I've got a good bit of Natgear stuff and it all runs small.

People are wearing Sitka, which looks like something Jackson Pollock would have designed when he was drunk, and still kill stuff, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

And your phone needs charging. Gonna be hard to take pics with a dead phone, Tina.
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-01-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    People are wearing Sitka, which looks like something Jackson Pollock would have designed when he was drunk, and still kill stuff, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

And your phone needs charging. Gonna be hard to take pics with a dead phone, Tina.
    Heck I kill more in Carharts or Blue jeans and a T shirt than I do anything else.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Are you looking for rain gear? If so maybe just ask for suggestions and then decide on the pattern.

Protip: the pattern doesn't affect the rain.

I bought a turkey gun dipped in that pattern from Stumpknocker a few years ago. It’s a great pattern and I don’t understand why more people don’t use it.

Buy a cheap poncho and let him dip it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I bought a turkey gun dipped in that pattern from Stumpknocker a few years ago. It’s a great pattern and I don’t understand why more people don’t use it.

Buy a cheap poncho and let him dip it for you.
    Marketing suuuuuper hard to understand
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I understand that part of it, Griffiin, but there are a ton of outdoorsmen who don't buy into marketing hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I understand that part of it, Griffiin, but there are a ton of outdoorsmen who don't buy into marketing hype.
    Sadly the “ton” of them is still very very small market share.
    Kinda like how there is a ton of good outdoorsman that hunt ducks on public land in SC but it’s still 99% rubberheads.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

If you really want to stay dry, buy an actual PVC coated rain jacket. Anything “ breathable” will eventually soak thru and get you wet. I’ve got a Hodgman rain coat I bought 20 years ago that stays behind my seat or in my pack. It cost about 25 bucks and has never in all those years leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    If you really want to stay dry, buy an actual PVC coated rain jacket. Anything “ breathable” will eventually soak thru and get you wet. I’ve got a Hodgman rain coat I bought 20 years ago that stays behind my seat or in my pack. It cost about 25 bucks and has never in all those years leaked.
    Couldn't agree more. I own a pile of quad parkas from all different brands. They work great for staying warm and will even keep you somewhat dry in a drizzling rain but when it really starts raining I have a couple Hodgeman trench coat length jackets that I keep in my blind bag. They are PVC on the inside and camo cordura on the outside. Nothing I've found has ever worked better for keeping you truly dry in a down pour.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I own a pile of quad parkas from all different brands. They work great for staying warm and will even keep you somewhat dry in a drizzling rain but when it really starts raining I have a couple Hodgeman trench coat length jackets that I keep in my blind bag. They are PVC on the inside and camo cordura on the outside. Nothing I've found has ever worked better for keeping you truly dry in a down pour.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Same jacket. Mossy Oak cordura exterior with PVC lined interior. Wish I had a few more.